Pages

Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Oodles of Circles

 

Hi There! We have a new challenge over on the Bee Crafty Stamps Facebook group with a theme of circles. Here's how my circles journal page came together. 

I began by sponging some Broken China distress oxide ink down the centre of the pages. 
Next, I sprayed a circle dinkable with water, laid it onto the oxide ink and then mopped up the excess water with kitchen towel. 
Once this was dry, I added some Rainbow Bubbles catalyst collage paper on each side with matte medium. I left a gap on the right hand page for the next step. 
I cut out some circles from a sheet of the Circles and Butterflies Catalyst Collage paper and added them to the page, including in the gap I left on the right page.
I cut around the edge of the circles on the edge of the page. 
Using a posca pen and the dinkable from earlier, I added some more circles to the page. 
I used some of the circle stamps from Journaling essentials set 1, along with coordinating Distress Oxide inks to add some subtle stamping to the page.
On a separate sheet of card, I stamped half of the large gerbera and 3 small ones in black versafine clair ink. I coloured them using Dina Wakley gloss drops and cut them out. 
Finally, I added these and a wordy sticker sentiment to the pages using matte medium. 
Here are the finished pages once more. 

I used:
Catalyst Collage papers - I used Rainbow Bubbles and Circles and Butterflies in A5 
Journaling essentials #1 stamp set Available as a part of this bundle
Distress oxide inks - I used Broken China, Crackling Campfire, Picked Raspberry and fossilized amber.
Black versafine Clair ink
Dina Wakley Gloss Drops
Matte Medium
5x5" journal

I will be doing a Facebook live for Bee Crafty at 8pm this evening so I hope you can join me! 
Thanks for looking! 

1 comment:

  1. Lots of circles on this beautiful bright journal page Sally, and all the rounded shaped gerberas fit in perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. Your kindness is much appreciated! Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.