Pages

Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Vintage Seahorse

 

Hi There! Here's a card I made using the Beautiful seahorse stamp set and some vintage colours as inspiration for our challenge over in the Bee Crafty Stamps Facebook group.

I began by stamping over a 14cm square piece of cream card using the Shell stamps and some of the other worker stamps, Using Vintage photo and Tea Dye distress ink. I also blended some around the edge.
On a old book page I stamped the seahorse in Pinecone Versafine Clair ink
Next I coloured it using pencil crayons, trimming it to size and blending a little more vintage photo distress ink around the edges. I matted both panels on to some dark brown card and added to the front of a 15cm square kraft card. 
Finally I added a stamped sentiment in Pinecone Versafine Clair ink. 
Here is the finished card again. 

I used:
Distress inks - I used Tea Dye and Vintage photo
Versafine Clair ink - I used Pinecone
Coloured pencils
Book page 
15cm square Kraft card
card for matting and layering

There's 10 days left to enter our July Challenge. I do hope you will enter.
I will be live at 8pm this evening over on the bee Crafty Facebook page. Do come and join us!

Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. This shows that these stamps can be used in lots of different ways other than with a seaside scene Sally, and I love your vintage take on this with the book page as the background for your seahorse, and all the different shells on the pice of cream card behind that, and a fun sentiment to finish too. A terrific card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great vintage feel to this seahorse card. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. Your kindness is much appreciated! Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.