Pages

Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Seahorse Blues

 

Hi There! I am still playing with the beautiful Doodle Art Seahorse. Here is a card I made in shades of blue. 

I began by lightly blending a 4.5" square of card with Blueprint sketch and Mermaid lagoon Distress inks. 
I used mandala #1inkable and blended ,ore of the same ink over it
on a seperate piece of card I blended the same inks much more heavily and dried it off. 
I stamped the seahorse in embossing ink onto this panel and heat embossed in white, before cutting it out. 
I matted and layered the 4.5inch square to the front of a 5" square card and added the seahorse using 3d foam pads. I also stamped some bubbles near the seahorse's head.
I used the Versafine clair ink to also stamp some little fishes randomly around the page. 
Here is the finished card with room for a sentiment if needed later

I used
Distress inks - I used Blueprint Sketch and Mermaid Lagoon
Embossing ink
White Embossing powder
Versafine clair ink - I used Bali Blue
5x5" card blank
4.5" square super smooth card panel

Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, so many lovely details for the lovely seahorse. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shades of blue for this lovely background with the mandala and then the stamped and cut out seahorse in a pretty rich shade of blue which stands out beautifully over the top..a terrific card Sally. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. Your kindness is much appreciated! Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.