Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Colour Palette inspiration

Hello there! When I saw this week's Bee Crafty Palette I just had to have a play as it is so beautiful! Here's how my journal pages came together. I didn't have distress oxide ink in Evergreen bough so I used Lucky Clover instead as it looks similar. 
 
I began by blending the distress oxide inks across both pages. There were a few marks on the page from the page after this one, but it is amazing how those marks can become a part of the design. 

Next I used the Bakewell inkable to add some of the darker colours to the page. 
I also splattered it with some Picked Raspberry Distress spritz and left it to dry.  
Using the Leaf from Dinkables set 6, I sponged some lucky clover ink to add leaves around the page. 

On a separate piece of card, I stamped two doodle Art Butterflies and coloured them in using coordinating ecoline pens. When these were dry I cut them out.  
Using a scrap of black card, I stamped the sentiment from the Small Words stamp set in embossing ink and used white embossing powder to heat set it. I cut it out. 
On the background I stamped the butterflies so their antennae didn't need cutting out, then glued the butterflies over the top. I also added the sentiment and a few highlights with gellyroll Moonlight pens.

I used:
Dinkables set 6
Distress Oxide inks - I used lucky Clover, Speckled egg, Fosilized Amber, Saltwater Taffy and Picked Raspberry
Distress Spritz - Picked Raspberry
Ecoline Pens
Black versafine Clair ink
Embossing ink
White embossing powder

It's such a lovely combination of colours  - Hope you get the chance to play too! 

Thanks for looking! 
 

1 comment:

Pat said...

How gorgeous Sally with such bright and pretty colours and the stencils and stamping look wonderful in the background and then the really beautiful leaves and pretty butterflies and a perfect sentiment to finish. x