Wednesday, 19 August 2026

More hot colours

 

Hi There! I have made a journal page using hot colours for todays inspiration for the Bee Crafty Challenge. Here is how it came about. 
I began by stamping the leaves from Journaling Essentials #2 in Carrot Orange and Cheerful Versafine Clair ink onto a scrap of card. I cut them out leaving a small white border.

On another piece of card, I stamped three of the large flowers from Journaling essentials #9 in black Versafine Clair ink and coloured them using Ecoline brush pens in various shades of yellow, orange, red and pink. I cut them out.
Using Gellyroll Moonlight Pens, I added faux stitching and dots to the flowers.  
I trimmed off the white border from a piece of A5 catalyst Collage paper and stuck it into my A5 journal. I used a couple of the smaller worker stamps from Journaling Essentials #9 to add tiny circles in Carrot orrange ink and small crosses in Charming pink ink to the background.
I arranged the flowers and leaves on the page and fixed them in place using Matte medium.
Finally I added a wordy sticker sentiment, faux stitched border and some white pen hearts to finish it off. 

I used:
Catalyst Collage papers - I used Daisy Sunshine A5
Wordy Stickers - I used 1B
Versafine Clair ink - I used Carrot Orange, Cheerful, Charming Pink and Nocturne
Ecoline brush pens/ watercolour markers
White Posca pen
Matte Medium

There are still another 12 days to enter the hot colours challenge in the Bee Crafty Stamps group. I do hope you can join in! 

I will be live at 8pm tonight on the Bee Crafty Facebook page too. Come and join us! 


1 comment:

Pat said...

This is a beautiful page Sally and the hot colours are fabulous and such pretty added flowers and leaves and some lovely extra stamping on the collage paper background, also perfectly finished with the wordy sticker. x