Sunday 17 January 2010

Steve's Birthday


Steve reaches the big 50 at the end of the month and I was racking my brains as to what I could put on his card. He loves ducks but I couldn't get hold of the penny black stamps I'd had in mind and with all the snow delivery might be tricky, so I asked Teri if she was prepared to draw me a duck. She is such a lovely lady she drew two! This is the mandarin duck, which is available at Delicious Doodles. I coloured it with promarkers, adding a few highlights with a white gel pen.
I made an easel card using some papers I inherited from my Auntie Margaret when she cut down on her crafting stash. the sentiments are all from Graphicus except the 50th which was computer generated. The border was punched with an EK success punch (dotted scallop), bought from Sir Stampalot.
On Friday night  Meg and I went to Karate. We hadn't been for 4 weeks (Two weeks christmas break, weather and a problem with the hall). We really enjoyed it and took part with enthusiasm, but boy do I ache! The backs of my thighs and my shoulders are the worst, and I'm struggling to dress myself!!! I'm hoping it will have worn off by tomorrow. In the meantime I am able to sit at my desk and craft without any pain!!!

6 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Sally. This is very nice and a lovely special card. Beautiful image, gorgeous.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Teri said...

Fabulous hun!! Works really well with those blue papers, they are gorgeous - wish I knew where they were from 'cause I want some now!!
Hope the man has a great b'day!!
Hugs,
Teri xx

lisa said...

Gorgeous Sally. It's a year for special birthdays this year. We have loads of them. I hope Steve has a great day, you'll have to spoil him rotten. He'll certainly love his duck!!!!

Lisax

Lynne K said...

Fantastic! And getting the duck custom drawn - awesome! x

June said...

What an absolutely beautiful card, you are so talented Sally
xxx

Cath Wilson said...

Fab colouring again and those papers are just the right colours - my favourites, in fact, lol. I bet he'll love this :)