Saturday 24 December 2022

Very Vintage!


Hi there! I am here with a vintage journal page step by step for you today.

I began by arranging some torn scraps of book page, music and patterned paper on a journal page and stuck it down with matte medium. 
next I stencilled some walnut stain distress ink around the edges where the papers hadn't quite met.
I found a torn piece of corrugated kraft card and sponged walnut stain ink around that too

I added some stamping using the doodle art mandala stamps again in walnut stain. 
next I attached the panel to the background, adding some braid too, with gel medium. 
with the tag inkables I added a bit of texture paste...
then used distress crayons in hickory smoke and salty ocean to add a few lines around the page. I also added a little gilding wax on the corrugated card and the texture paste, 
finishing off with a splatter of white gloss spray (not a spray - just unscrew the top, hold the pipe over the project and tap).
I stamped the three butterflies in versafine clair ink and coloured with ecolines before die cutting.
Finally I used gel medium to add these to the corrugated panel. 
Here is the finished page, although I might add some words to it...

I used:
A selection of papers to collage

Thank you so much for looking! Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Christmas and New Year! 

Saturday 17 December 2022

Icy tag

Hi There

Thought I would show you how I made this shimmery icy tag. 

I began by cutting the largest tag from mixed media paper and the larger mount from white card.
On the tag, I stamped the largest snowflake stamp in versamark ink and embossed in fine detail white embossing powder
I sprayed water onto the tag and sprinkled with explosion powder and left to dry
once it was dry I stuck it onto the white mount and added a winter wordy sticker, some sequins and a ribbon. 
Here is the finished tag once more.

I used :

Versamark ink

Thanks for looking! 

Saturday 10 December 2022

Snowy Robin Card

Hi There! Here is a step by step card as I rattle off as many christmas cards as I can, lol. 

I began by stamping the robin and colouring him in using markers

Next I stencilled the snowflakes in broken China around the robin using the snowflake dinkable
On the base card I used the splatter dinkable to add some stickles gel through
next I stamped, coloured and cut out three lots of the foliage and added them to the robin's branch.
I used one of the Winter stickers , layered on a scrap of card....
and here is the finished card once more.
I used 
Black ink (I used memento)
Markers (I used alcohol markers)

I will be live on the Bee Crafty Facebook page on Wednesday evening if you fancy joining me with a Mince pie and a glass of something warming x

Thanks for looking!  

Saturday 3 December 2022

Keeping it simple

Hi there! 
I am trying to get as many Christmas cards made as possible over the next few days now postage dates have changed. Here's a step by step for a quick clean and simple card.
I began by taping the 6x6 octagon easy frame to the front of a 6x6 white card and blended tea dye and vintage photo distress ink into it.

Once this was dry I gave it a quick wipe with an anti static cloth then stamped the script stamp in versamark with the easy frame inkable still in place. I removed the inkable, sprinkled with embossing powder and heat set.
There was a small area bottom left where the embossing ink hadn't reached, so I stamped the Holly stamp from the robin set and coloured using ecolines and a damp paintbrush. 
Next I stamped the Merry Christmas stamp (from the wreath set) in Versamark in the centre of the card. I sprinkled over rustic wilderness embossing glaze and heat set it. I also added glossy accents to the berries on the Holly.
Here's a close up. As you can see the gold is still visible through the embossing glaze. 
I sponged a little vintage photo distress ink around the edges to finish it off. 
I used: 
Versamark ink
Before I go, I did a live on Wednesday over on the Bee Crafty Facebook page and made 3 baubles using the MDF baubles and a variety of stamps. I used red green and gold, which is the new theme for the challenge over in the Bee Crafty stamps group. Here are the baubles 
Thanks for looking!