Saturday 24 December 2022

Very Vintage!

 

Hi there! I am here with a vintage journal page step by step for you today.

I began by arranging some torn scraps of book page, music and patterned paper on a journal page and stuck it down with matte medium. 
next I stencilled some walnut stain distress ink around the edges where the papers hadn't quite met.
I found a torn piece of corrugated kraft card and sponged walnut stain ink around that too


I added some stamping using the doodle art mandala stamps again in walnut stain. 
next I attached the panel to the background, adding some braid too, with gel medium. 
with the tag inkables I added a bit of texture paste...
then used distress crayons in hickory smoke and salty ocean to add a few lines around the page. I also added a little gilding wax on the corrugated card and the texture paste, 
finishing off with a splatter of white gloss spray (not a spray - just unscrew the top, hold the pipe over the project and tap).
I stamped the three butterflies in versafine clair ink and coloured with ecolines before die cutting.
Finally I used gel medium to add these to the corrugated panel. 
Here is the finished page, although I might add some words to it...

I used:
A selection of papers to collage

Thank you so much for looking! Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Christmas and New Year! 

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How beautiful Sally, love how you got the lovely result.
Happy Christmas
Faith x

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful butterflies. Wishing you a Super day tomorrow. Hugs Mrs A.

Pat said...

This is beautiful Sally and full of wonderful stencilling and lots of fabulous texture and love the vintage vibe..a gorgeous page! Thank you for continuing to post here and I wish you a very Happy Christmas and a wonderfully creative 2023!