Saturday, 21 May 2022

A Spotty journal page


Hi there!  I thought I would show you how I put this spotty journal page together for my blog post this week.

I began by gessoing a page in my 6x6 Kraft Journal.

Next I used the circles big one inkable and distress ink to create a background. 

I used the mandala stamps and black ink to create a border along two sides. 
I added some stamping by the centre fold in Mermaid lagoon distress ink
and some in Versafine Clair black ink using the Journal Elements 3 set
Next I stamped the Doodle Art Ladybird onto the page and onto a scrap of white card. 
I cut out the ladybird body and coloured using ecoline and posca pens 
I also stamped a sentiment and added both using matte medium to the page.

Finally I added some glossy accents to the eyes and spots of the ladybird. 
Here is the page opposite one I did ages ago in similar colours using Dylusions paint and a mandala inkable.
I used:
Black versafine clair ink

Thanks for looking! 

Saturday, 14 May 2022

A Monochrome Card


Hi There! I thought I would have a go at a monochrome card for today's blog post. Here is how I made it.
I began by smooshing some black soot distress oxide ink onto some mixed media card.

When this was dry I stamped about half of it with the script stamp (sorry, this one is discontinued)
I added some black dots using the same ink through the regular Dots 6x6 inkable.
Once this was dry I stamped and white embossed the Wildflowers. I added a little more sponged ink to make them stand out a little more, wiping a cloth over the embossing once I had finished.
Through the Circles 1 big ones inkable I added some distress crackle texture paste. 
Finally I matted and layered it onto a base card, adding a sentiment from small words.
Here is the finished card again. 
I used:
Script stamp
Versamark ink

Now, if you weren't already aware there is a sale over on the Bee Crafty Store with many many bargains. That wildflower stamp (if it is still hanging on) is only £1.50! 
Happy Crafting and thank for looking! 

Saturday, 7 May 2022

Seen MDF tag

One of the samples I did for the latest faces launch was this one. I remembered to take some photos as I went along so here is a step by step on how I made it. 

First I brushed the three shades of dylusions paint  down the tag.
Once this was dry, I used the splat big one inkable to add some pure sunshine dylusions shimmer paint  with a stencil brush
Next I stamped the 'Seen' face onto Dina Wakely collage paper with versafine clair, cutting it out. 
I used ecolines to colour the face and hair. 

I used matte medium to attach it to the tag. 
Once it was dry, I added some black gesso around the edges and through the brickwork dinkable.
Next, I stamped the sentiment from Handwritten words #2 in versamark and embossed in white. I added a little white ink around the edge too.
Finally I added the sentiment to the tag using 3d glue. 
Here are links to the products I used:
Dylusions paints in Fresh Lime, Lemon Zest and Blue Lagoon
Dylusions shimmer paint in Pure Sunshine
Versamark ink
Thanks for looking! 

Saturday, 30 April 2022

New Faces Samples for Bee Crafty

 Did you see Bev and Sam on Create and Craft on Tuesday? 

Here are the samples I made for the show using the new inkables, handwritten words, faces stamps and journal art elements.

First up is a moody mixed media card using distress crackle texture paste.
Here are a couple using the journal art elements and hand written words

The new See me stamp set has a large and a small face on it
I drew and paper pieced the karate gi onto this one
Here;s a couple of simple CAS cards

The Seen stamp has a moody vibe to it
Another inky creation using another new big one inkable
and an mdf tag decorated with the splat big one inkable and Seen. I also did a facebook live last week that you can see here.

This journal spread was the result.
The new products are available on the website 
The new stamp bundle is here 
The new inkables are here
Thanks for looking!

Saturday, 23 April 2022

Warm dragonfly wishes


Hi there! Thought I  would have a play with some inkables on a card today.

I began by blending shades of green Distress oxide inks across a 14x14cm piece of white card.

I then placed the jungle leaves inkable over the top and blended some black soot distress oxide through it.

I splattered a little water on it, lifting off with a cloth. Once this was dry I placed the inner part of the Dragonfly easy frame onto the background and blended more black ink around it. 
Next I stamped some of the worker stamps from the doodle art dragonfly set around the background.
I stamped the dragonfly stamp onto a piece of watercolour card, cut it out and coloured with ecoline pens.

I attached the background to the base card, then added the dragonfly with 3d glue.
finally I added a sentiment using black ink on a scrap of white card and doodled a border using a black fine liner.
Here is the finished card with a little glossy accents added to the dragonfly.
Here are the products I used:
Distress oxide inks in Lucky clover, cracked pistachio, rustic wilderness and black soot
Inkable 6" easy frame - dragonfly
Doodle Art Dragonfly stamp set- regular
Wordage everyday sentiments 1- regular
glossy accents

 Bev and Sam are on Create and Craft on Tuesday with some brand new stamps and Inkables. Before I go here is a sneaky peek! 

before I go I also want to say thank you for the lovely comments you leave for me. I am so sorry I am so useless at commenting. It has been a bit busy recently with craft and non-craft stuff.  I will share some pics soon from Meg's garden now it is taking shape. Thanks for looking!