Sunday 28 February 2010

Yesterday was such fun!

 My second post today! As some of you know Lynne, Megan and I went to Sir Stampalot yesterday. I wanted to take the car out for a decent run and where better to point it than in  the direction of Peterborough! We arranged to meet Brenda there and had a wonderful time! I bought a fairly big pile of stash, and had a good chat with Brenda and Janice too. They are both lovely, as is the new bigger shop. It's a very long time since Lynne and I stood in the doorway of a shop and said WOW! The run with the car was great, and I was pleased that I could check out the acceleration and how it handled on the A1. Anyway, my card is the first  I've made using some of my new stash. I had about 4 MS punches on my wish list, but eventually bought a set of 'punch around the page'. The flower is a Tilda stamp. Although I really don't like the children with no mouths, Brenda pointed out that they do quite a lot of useful stamps to create scenery etc, and this is one that looks pretty good on it's own. I coloured it in promarkers and decoupaged it to make it stand out a bit. The papers are MME. I'm now going to go and play with the new Penny black stamps I bought and stroke some kaisercraft papers! The Hero stamps have been put grudgingly away as presents for Mother's day and my birthday.

12 comments:

Lynne K said...

Very pretty. Must say I do like that flower stamp.

Haven't done anything with my new goodies yet. I was trying to think of where to accommodate them & got sidetracked into re-organising my stash storage! It's going to take me a while, I think, but at least when it's done I might be able to find things! x

pinky said...

Oh you lucky ducks, sounds like you have had an expensive time lol. Love your card, those ms corner punches look brilliant.
Pinky

Cath Wilson said...

Grudgingly, I'll agree with you about the stamp, lol - I don't do Tilda either - same reasons, too - yuk, they make me shiver! It looks good :)

Tracy said...

Wow it sounds like you had a wonderful time at Sir Stampalot, and I love this card you've made.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

lisa said...

Sounds like you had a great day out, Sally. Glad the car went well.
Your card is lovely, that flower is gorgeous, I'd have never had guessed it was a Tilda!!
Love the MS border too, I have that one on my wish list but have been having trouble finding it. Will have to checkout Sir Stampalot's website.
Have a good week.

Lisax

Chris said...

Sounds like you've been having fun... I love spending... just wish I could do it more lol.
Sometimes wish extra pennies would miraculously appear in my bank account... but they never do!!!
such a beautiful card Sally...so pretty and I just LOVE the flower stamp...totally gorgeous.
hugs
Chris xx
p.s. love the inky hands below...pmsl love mucky crafters like me ;-)

brenda said...

Hi Sally

I didn't see that MS punch set creep into your bag, it's very nice though.

Pleased you got to play with some of your new goodies, Mothers Day is not too far away.

B x

chris said...

Hi there sally
you sound like you all had a fab time and a good spend.
sorry I couldn't be with you this time but when you have saved up I shall do my best for next time.
hugs chris xx

craftimamma said...

Glad you and Lynne had such a good time on Saturday and had a good splurge on goodies.

Love the card you've made. The punch is gorgeous and I love MME papers.

I admire your self discipline putting the others away, Lol!

Love
Lesley Xx

Kay Carley said...

Love the layout and simplicity of this card and I see that you have succumbed to some Martha Stewart punches too!

Kay xx

Debbie Dolphin said...

i know what you mean about the stamp of tildas with no mouths.I didnt used to like them but they are growing on me as they are great to watercolour and they dont answer back!!!!lol
glad you had a great day
debbie xx

Debbie Dolphin said...

i know what you mean about the stamp of tildas with no mouths.I didnt used to like them but they are growing on me as they are great to watercolour and they dont answer back!!!!lol
glad you had a great day
debbie xx