Thursday 25 March 2010

Different Poppies

This is another stamp by Hero Arts that I got from Sir Stampalot. I love it! I can see it in lots of different colours, or just embossed in silver or gold. I found myself using some different colour combinations here, but I think they work! I stamped the stamp in brown versafine and embossed with detail clear. After that I coloured it with promarkers. I stamped the swirl (Elusive Images), in chalk ink on the pearlised base card.
I want to let you know that you are in for a real treat when you see the DT's cards for the Sir Stampalot challenge blog. Make sure you sign up to follow so you can join in the fun!
Sorry to those of you who I have not had chance to visit this week. It's the last week of term and on top of Data crunching and a governors meeting, I seem to be so tired I've lost the ability to focus for long! Off to try and get an earlier night tonight. Thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

June said...

Beautiful poppies card, i really love this one Sally its so vibrant
hugs June xxx

Tracy said...

Those poppies are delightful, they are my favourite wild flower. Great creation.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Carol said...

Absolutely stunning card, lovely stamp and lovely colouring. Poppies are my favourite wild flower too :)

Carol x

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Sally,
I have been uhming and ahing whether to buy this stamp and you have just convinced me. Your card is brilliant.
Clare x

chris said...

Hi Sally
ooh arhh this is so fab I just love what you have done with this stamp.
hugs chris xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Sally - love the Poppy's (I do love Poppies, and also my youngest granddaughter is called Poppy - hence the name of my Blog)!! I really like the swirl background you've created with that beautiful EI stamp. I tend to forget that it isn't always necessary to reach for the backing paper!
Hope you have a restful evening. Hugs, Sylvia xxx

craftimamma said...

What a beautiful image Sally and you are quite right, the colours do work extremely well. Beautiful card.
Hope you're feeling a bit more rested now.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

brenda said...

Hi Sally

This stamp really does works in so many way as you say and I love this take on it. The vibrancy is wonderful.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is really lovely. Just love poppies!
Lesley x

Chris said...

Beautiful Sally... I love Poppies and your have coloured them so beautifully. The swirl effect is gorgeous too :D
hugs
Chris xx