Sunday 30 May 2010

A bit like buses!

I don't know! Two posts in one day then none until five days later - a bit like buses in a rural village! I will try and be a better blogger over the next few days, as it's half term - yeah! Anyway, here is my first offering, a card for this weeks Allsorts challenge where the theme is Black and white and one other colour.
My 'other colour' is bundled sage distress ink. I started off sponging bundled sage over a Crafter's workshop stencil on half the card. I over stamped that with a Paper Artsy squiggly ink swirl stamp. The border is a Martha Stewart punch . The main image is an Elusive Images stamp from the Poppy Collage theme plate. 
Thanks for looking. I'm off back outside to finish helping Steve clear up hedge trimmings, which seem to be blowing half way across Nottingham! Can't complain though, as the sun is out and it is so much better than yesterday!

12 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Lovely gentle colour beautiful with the balck and white. Love those poppy heads and it is that time of year xx Zoe

Debs said...

Hi Sally
Love this card - great swirl stamp and stencil and fab colour choice.
Thanks for taking in my challenge at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Debbie Dolphin said...

gorgeous sally.bundled sage is one of my faves and i have the swirly stamps.loving the poppys
love debbie xxx

chris said...

Hi Sally
hope you are looking forward to your week off, and got lots of exciting things planned!
your card is scrummy, love it so much.
see you very soon love chris xx

coldwaters2 said...

Ooo Sally this is gorgeous what wonderful stamps you have used great colours I love it. The wind is blowing like mad here but at least it is drying the washing lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Tracy said...

Hi Sally,
Love that sage distress inks, must get that! Fabulous creation, and you really do have some lovely stamps Sally.
Hope you have a great week off work love,
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Michelle said...

Hi Sally
just been catching up and am wowed by your wonderful work yet again. Your TT design is wonderful, I love your owls and the pink tag card is gorgeous as is the black and white one. Stunning work Teamie!
Much Love
x Michelle

Kay Carley said...

What a lovely serene looking card Sally.

Kay xx

lisa said...

Wasn't Saturday a wash out, Sally. Typical Bank Holiday weather. The sun has just struggled out today and the gale has dropped so things are looking up.
This is a gorgeous card. I love the muted colours you've used, they really suit tht lovely stamp.
Enjoy half term.
Lisax

Lynne K said...

Very elegant! I love the swirly background, which echoes the curves of the poppy pods. Been too busy to post lately, just catching up. Can't wait for Saturday, see you then! x

Jules said...

Really clean and beautiful creation Sal.

Love your focal image.

Oh why are there so many gorgeous things to be bought and played with!!!!

Remind me not to buy anything on Saturday .. .. (tee hee ... ... as if).

I am trying so hard to be good. Last night I put lots of things in my Stampalot basket from the sale but was good and emptied it and decided if they were still available on Saturday then they were meant to be mine. LOL!!!

See you soon !!!!

Love Jules xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

The bundled sage looks great with the black and white

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx