Tuesday 3 August 2010

Lots of lovely black at Tuesday Taggers

It's Tuesday so it's time for my Tuesday Taggers DT work. This week our lovely Teamie Lyn has chosen 'lots of lovely black' as the theme, so I've altered another M&S mint tin. I starteed by colouring it all over in Black promarker. It covered brilliantly and you could only tell what it had been by the texture of the lid. I then covered the lid in Brilliance starlight black and triple embossed it.
I stamped the Hero Arts leaf flourish in Brilliance Platinum planet and heat set. After that I stamped and embossed three flowers in detail silver from the Inkadinkado Mindscapes set, finishing each with a central black pearl.
I hope you get the chance to join us this week. Pop over to Tuesday Taggers and check out the fabulous inspirational work by my lovely teamies.

20 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

This is gorgeous Sally!
Clare x

Teri said...

WOW hun! Really loving this - gorgeous!!
Hugs,
Teri x

Lynne K said...

Wow! This is fabulous, Sally! I never thought of using Promarkers to cover a tin. It obviously works really well if this is anything to go by. *Goes off to find tin..* xx

Cath Wilson said...

Beautiful, Sally. Bet it's dreamy in real life with the Starlight Black. I think I'd have used Stazon for the tin, though - wouldn't waste my black promarker, he, he.

Fliss said...

Wow! Gorgeous creation Sally and I adore the contrast between the flowers and the tin. Fabulous!
xx

chris said...

Wow, wow, sally this is very special, love it. hugs chris xx

PatR said...

Love this fabulous tin Sally it's gorgeous. I have a little mint tin sitting on my desk just waiting for me to get stuck in and alter it. Just hope I can do as good job as you have.
xx

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Sally this looks one very expensive tin wow, that colour and those flowers are wonderful great work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Purple Crazy said...

wow, That's amazing, who'd have thought it. u r very clever xx

pinky said...

Wow Sally, this is stunning! If you were selling this you would have a queue, excellent work.
Pinky

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous tin Sally love the black and silver finish looks like a very expensive nic nak. xx Zoe

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Sally - this is stunning - the flowers look like real silver filigree.I love it!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Jules said...

Hi Sal

What a fantastic creation.

So stunning in black and silver .. love it!

Love Jules xx

Phree said...

Love your altered tin, it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love it,a little beauty. So much work in such a little item.
hugs
Ildiko

Rachel said...

WOW this is stunning! The silver against the black looks amazing...very clever :)
Hugs, Rachel xx

craftimamma said...

This is absolutely beautiful Sally. The silver and black look very luxurious.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Basslady said...

this is a real work of art!
brilliant!

xoxo silvi (germany)

CAROL said...

Wow! what a beautiful creation, the black and silver make it just magical. xx