Sunday 9 January 2011

A quick post before bedtime

I've had another go at one of those snow scenes with trees (Inspired by Chrissie).
The trees are from the Stampin' up! set 'Lovely as a tree', and this time I used scattered straw, tattered rose and Victorian velvet distress inks. The sentiment is a clear set from Personal Impressions. Don't forget to crack on with your Winter's tale creations and get them on the January challenge at Sir Stampalot Challenge blog.
I've also made a card for a friend and colleague who has been off ill for a while.
The flower is one of the few magnolia stamps that I own, and I love it. It is so easy to decoupage and colour. I used promarkers and some glitter on this one. The ribbon on the left was some I bought to put in some booties my mum knitted for Megan when she was a baby. I bought far too much, and decided it was about time I put the rest to good use (14 years later!!!)
Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Lynne K said...

Beautiful, again! Got to try that landscape technique. Haven't got back into routine yet since the Christmas hols, and my desk has been disgustingly tidy for days! I think this is just the inspiration I need.

The daisy card is lovely too, but I can beat 14 years with the ribbon! xx

lisa said...

More beautiful trees. I love the Stampin Up stamps and your colour scheme on this one is beautiful.
Love the flower card too. I forget to use the embossing borders and they look gorgeous don't they. Had to laugh at the ribbon. I definitely think it's time you used a bit, although you need to keep a bit too for posterity!!!
Have a good week.
Hugs Lisax

Unknown said...

So gorgeous both of them Sally! Love your versatile techniques x Janet

Tracy said...

I love both creations, your snow scene is amazing, love your choice of inks.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Carola Bartz said...

The tree card is simply beautiful. I love this stamp set and use it a lot.

pinky said...

Beautiful creations Sally. Love the embossing up the spine of the card. You definitely are a hoarder...14 years lol

craftimamma said...

The landscape looks really pretty in these colours too Sally and I love the second card as well. The decoupage on that flower works so well and I love the pretty green gingham.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

chris said...

Hi Sally how you feeling, hope you are on the mend, there seems to be so much illness around at the moment. mitch is off with... well I'm not sure what!
love your top card will have to have a go at this its so inspiring, and love the 2nd card its my favourite flower that one.
love them both hugs chris xx