Tuesday 3 January 2012

Happy New Year

We spent yesterday walking through Sherwood Forest blowing a few cobwebs out and getting some much needed fresh air and exercise. The weather was perfect for a stroll, although the wind was a bit chilly, so it was good we were wrapped up. The afternoon sun gave everything a warm glow and I took a few photos of trees  and wildlife. I was particularly please with my Nuthatch.
These next photos of the river Meden are so different  to how it looked five years ago. Subsidence and flooding have created a permanent lake on both sides of the bridge.
 I am sure most of you are aware of my fascination with trees (stamps and real ones), and this area of Sherwood Forest has some beauties. It probably looks much as it did several hundred years ago, with no pylons, telegraph wires or buildings as far as the eye can see. It probably doesn't look that much like a forest to most - more heathland, I suppose.
I love this particular tree. It reminds me of the one on 'Who do they think they are?'
I had a great day, and aim to do more walking (and bird watching) in 2012, with my family. What else, though? I aim to try and lose a few pounds, although I hope to do it by more exercise and more sensible eating, as well as getting a bit more sleep, rather than dieting. On a crafting level I aim to use what I have got more, which may lead to buying a bit less - who knows? I have also decided to share the card making I do for work with another crafter, so hopefully allowing a bit more time for less directed creativity. I want to try and keep my desk tidier and finish more things before I start the next! You wouldn't believe the half made efforts I uncovered during my mass tidy on Christmas eve.
No cards in this post, but I will be back (probably tomorrow) with a few, I'm sure.
Happy New year to you all. May it be healthy, prosperous and full of wonderful things (particularly of a crafting nature) x

8 comments:

Rae said...

Hi Sally,
I popped over to thank you for your visit to my blog. I really enjoyed the photos you shared today. I even shared them with my teenage son. I also love trees (real and stamped), and one day...I want to make a set of "tree" cards. Just pull out every single one I own and do something different with it. Eventually,...I will. I wouldn't want anyone to hold their breath while waiting, tho...I have been known to have alot of cardmaking ideas...lol!
Enjoy this glorius start of 2012!

Lisa Jane said...

Happy New Year Sally - hope 2012 is Happy and Healthy for all your family
Love the photo's
Lisa x

PinksyDoodles said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely photos, it sounds a great place to walk.
Hugs, Clare x

Michelle said...

Hi Sally
Fabulous photo's - a scrapbook LO in the making? I have a tree creeper (very similar to a nuthatch) who I watch through my craft room window. Such a wonderful experience to witness such natural splendour.
Hope 2012 bring you many special moments
x Michelle

craftimamma said...

Beautiful photos Sally and of course, I am familiar with the area ......... living virtually in the middle of it, lol! Love the one of the Nuthatch!

Good luck with your resolutions especially the more walking one as we'll get to see more lovely photos ;).

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Your photos are always fabulous Sally but I'm very impressed with the nuthatch - I can't remember the last time I saw one let alone got a photo! Happy new year to you and your family too! Vicky x

Lesley Edmonds said...

Wonderful photos Sally :) We get nut hatches in our garden all year round. I love it when the new babies start coming n about may time.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful photos, lovely countryside, thanks for the info.