Monday 25 February 2013

Another play day!

On Sunday I managed to have another play session with my gelli plate. I went for yellows, oranges, reds and Chocolate Baroque stamps (oh, and the CI elegant swirl made another brief appearance!). I also tried using cuttlebug embossing folders as texture plates, which were probably more pleasing than the stencils I tried On Saturday. See what you think to these. Some of the whiter ones may need dusting with some inks I think, or a bit of stamping. I am beginning to see loads of potential - not sure I will ever buy papers again!





The stamps are the Sunny sunflowers from Chocolate Baroque. Well, that is another 20 pages of backing papers, so I'd better make some cards with them!
Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments on my backgrounds. I wasn't sure if people would like them or not. some are a bit grungy.

11 comments:

Fliss said...

These are all gorgeous Sally and so pretty with all the lovely flowers.
Can't wait to see what you make with them.
Hugs, Fliss xx

MagsB said...

Absolutely stunning! The colours and combos are so gorgeous! Like Fliss, I can't wait to see what you make!

love Mags B x

Lynne K said...

Stunning! Even better than your first batch. I'll look forward to seeing the cards. I still haven't had chance to make any :-(

Paula Whittaker said...

interesting effects plus it looks like you had a fun time playing! Makes me consider getting one of these plates now.

brenda said...

Well I like them all Sal, there are totally my kind of colour. I didn't get around to checking the product out yesterday but hope to today.

B x

lisa said...

No, you'll definitely never have to buy paper again, Sally, looking at these, they are stunning. I love the big flowers and the colours are so sunny, unlike the weather!!
Hugs Lisax

Paula (PEP) said...

Amazed by the way those Sunflowers look with this. I don't think it's a matter of these being more interesting, they're just different.
Paula (PEP)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

oh Sal what fun you are having - love it all yum! Shaz in Oz.x

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love these Sally! You chose the perfect colours for the stamp. Can't wait to see what you make with these!
x

Vicky Hayes said...

This looks great fun Sally! Vicky x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such sunny papers, just fabulous, here comes summer it looks like