Sunday 9 March 2014

Diamond Wedding

One of my colleagues asked for a Diamond Wedding card for her parents. Her only suggestions were 'not cute or cuddly and a bit religious'.
This is what I came up with...
 The background was made using Inkylicious lattice background and pearl embossing powder. at the corner of each diamond I added diamond stickles. The church is from a Hobby Art Scene it set, coloured with distress markers and stamped onto a nestie dusted with tea dye distress ink. The sentiment was computer generated.
Here is a close-up of that background

Many thanks for all the lovely comments I have received recently. One day soon I will hopefully get a bit of time to have a good look around blog land, but I need to get next week out of the way first. I have my class parents evenings on Monday and Wednesday, a twilight course till six on Tuesday and Meg's parent's evening on Thursday! That is a lot of talking!!!
Have a good week, everyone and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow this is gorgeous , I love all those pretty diamonds on the card, your mom and dad will be very pleased!!

Greetings
Maria

♥Gemma♥ said...

Truly stunning and i am sure they will love it!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Paula (PEP) said...

Take care midst all that going on. Your card certainly fits the brief & is very striking indeed. Tasteful & elegant. I love the way those little clusters of flowers provide subtle interest too.
Paula (PEP)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is stunning Sally, I'm sure that the happy couple will love this. I've just made 6 Golden Wedding cards for the same couple, all different, that took some thinking.

Sue xx

Fliss said...

This is so gorgeous Sally and sure to be loved by the recipients.
Hope next week goes well.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Helen J said...

Very classy card which fits the request to a tee, I'd say!
Your week ahead sounds a bit like mine - roll on Friday!

lisa said...

This is beautiful, Sally. I should think your friend was delighted with it. It's so hard making a card to order isn't it, I never know whether my taste will be their's and end up making several!!!!!
Hope you get through your busy week without losing your voice, it sounds hectic!!
Hugs Lisax

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How beautiful and PERFECT, for the "older" couple. They will certainly be thrilled with this extra special card.

Mrs A. said...

I think your card fits the remit perfectly. The church is just right and I love the die cut behind it. Hugs Mrs A.

craftimamma said...

Perfect card for the brief Sally and very beautiful. I have no doubt at all that it was loved by the recipients.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What an elegant card! So lovely and perfect for their wedding anniversary.