Saturday 27 December 2014

A bit of an adventure and my favourite 5 Christmas cards

Well, Boxing Day didn't finish the way we expected it to! It is the day we host family and cook our proper Christmas Dinner. We had a lovely day and were just enjoying our tea when Steve decided to check on the weather, only to discover that it was starting to snow. We quickly got both Dads organised and then set off to take them home. Steve's dad (now 94) was safely delivered home, but after a 3 hour 11 mile round trip we arrived back home with my dad still with us. Steve was a hero, pushing six cars up a hill with two other complete strangers so we could all get back home. It was a much improved picture this morning as you can see from the photo above and we did get Dad home safely and in time for his next medication. After a bit of slipping and sliding on our road we finally got home too. I think I will stay at home tomorrow!
I wanted to join in with Debby and share my favourite five Christmas cards with you for 2014. Several of these are getting their first airing today as I didn't get round to posting them before Christmas.
First is the card I made for Meg using all Inkylicious stamps.

My second was the card I made for Steve, using Inky Doodles stamps (including the background).
My third was my Dad's Christmas card, using Card-io stamps. When I saw this set I just had to buy it - love the bird feeders, tables and boxes.
My next card was made with Inkylicious stamps and a Chocolate Baroque sentiment
I am struggling to decide on my fifth card. It is another scene using the Inkylicious stamps, but I can't choose between these two:
The card I made for Lynne, using the thistle stamp to make a wreath...
 or Deer in the snow
some of these are quite similar and use the same colour inks and stickles etc, but I loved the variety I managed with just a few stamps.
Do pop over to Debby's blog and take a look at her favourites too.
Thanks for looking and stay warm xxx

19 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

ALL are fabulous and I can see why they were your favourites.

Glad all of you were safe, we ended up with lashing rain, could have been snow then we would have been in trouble! AND what a hero your hubby is, hope he got rewarded!

Irene said...

Hello Sally

I just LOVE all of your cards and can understand why you chose them, but it must have been so difficult. The weather sounds horrendous, but your photo is just magical. I'm so pleased all got home safely, and your hubby was brilliant.

luv
irene
xxxx

debby4000 said...

What a wonderful selection of Christmas cards.
Thank you for joining in with my Favourite Five Christmas cards.
luv
Debby

Janice said...

Great choice of cards, all so pretty, I love these scene cards - something I may try next year! Glad the snow is clearing and you got your journeys completed, Jx

Viv said...

Snow here too.... and still here this morning - love it!!
Lovely Christmas cards too.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Glad your all safe and back home. The photo looks beautiful, but of course it doesn't show how bad the roads must be. We only had rain down here in the south. I love your favorite cards that you've picked, although I brought the stamps to make the scenic card I didn't get around to making any so they are on my list to make for next year.

Happy New Year to you all.
Sue xx

Sarn said...

Glad to hear your Boxing Day wasn't ruined and you all got home safe in the dreadful conditions. It just rained a lot on us!

Lovely picks Sally. Your cards are amazing.

Happy New Year to you xxx

lisa said...

Well it's a day you won't forget, Sally. I'm glad you all stayed safe. We just got a dusting here, enough to be pretty but not disruptive.
Love all your cards, they are beautiful.
Hugs Lisa xx

Desire Fourie said...

Sally this is a stunning series of Christmas designs and such a wonderful reflection of your awesome creative talent. Thank you so much for sharing them. Also wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and happiness xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Linby said...

Still got the snow here too - fortunately our drive home in wasn't too bad but still scary!
five fab cards, I think I might need the cardio bird table set too!
Lynn x

Fliss said...

Asolutely stunning cards Sally and so lovely to see them all.
Very glad to hear your snow adventures ended happily. None down here just freezing weather and sunshine.
Wishing you a Happy New Year and glad you had a good Christmas.
Fliss xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous selection of cards, all so gorgeous.
Wendy xx

Joan said...

All lovely cards Sally. No snow here but it is just up the dale from us, hope it stays up there!

Darnell said...

Oh, goodness, Sally, these are all so festive and gorgeous! I was going to say the first is my favorite, but then as I kept scrolling ... I simply love them all! I'm sorry your wonderful celebration ended rather harrowingly, but happily you all made it home okay in the end! I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

Joey said...

Sally your cards are stunning, the deers in the wreath is absolutely amazing! Jo x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

MM Sal was certainly an adventure and so glad it ended well ...
... and wow love all your cards :D

...and love the first one best :D
Praying every blessing of the LORD on your 2015!
Shaz in Oz.x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Dear Sally, your cards are wonderfull, I love them all, but the first one is my favorite!!! I hope you will have a very nice ending of 2014 end a very happy, healthy and creative 2015!!

Greetings
Maria

Karen Petitt said...

Sorry to have not visited for such a long time Sally. I am so glad I came over today - all of these are stunning. Exactly what I love. Stunning stamping and I love the way you add colour. Another couple of stamp sets that I now need! I hope you have a wonderful and creative New Year too Karen xx

Sylvia x said...

fab inspiring cards...thank you for sharing . :)