Tuesday 3 March 2015

Spring, lambs and Creative Stamping


 Hi There!
I had a lovely trip out with a friend at the weekend to a tea shop a few miles from here. Beauvale Abbey is between Watnall and Eastwood to the west of Nottingham.
There is a wonderful tea shop in one of the farm buildings, and we indulged in a pot of tea and some lemon-iced ginger cake. The pot of tea for two had more than seven cups in it and the cake was delicious (that is high praise indeed from me!)
On our wander around the remains of the Abbey we met some very very new lambs...


They reminded me that the latest copy of Creative Stamping is now out, and there are some wonderful springtime stamps with it. There is a particularly lovely lamb, which I used on this card.
All details of how I made this and several more are in the magazine.
I will leave you with a photo of a beautiful primula that I treated myself to at the garden centre down the road.
Spring wishes to you, and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely photos Sally, the stamps are fab and your inspiration in the magazine is beautiful!
Val x

Helen J said...

Gorgeous photos, well done on getting published again!

Joan said...

Looks like you had a fab say out Sally. Your cards in creative stamping are lovely

Joan

Joan said...

That should say day out of course!

Joan

Jean said...

Lovely springtime photos sally.I love the little lambs and the pretty frilly primula. beautiful signs of spring.
Jean x

Carola Bartz said...

The sheep are so adorable! This looks like a lovely place, and I envy you your tea shops. Nothing like an English tea shop!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful photos Sally. I love to see the baby lambs in the fields this time of year, it reminds me that Spring IS on the way even if it doesn't feel like it at times.
I love the gorgeous lamb on your card too.

Sue xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Such wonderful old countryside photos! Yeah, we don't do all that green here. Sweet little lambs. Love the card, perfect spring image!

Karen Dunbrook said...

it looks so wonderful!