Thursday 23 April 2015

Making a scene or two!

Hello there! Do you remember the Frantic Stamper fern die I showed you a couple of weeks ago? Well, I bought another! This is vertical birch trees. it was a bit more than I would normally spend on a single die, but I loved the size (perfect on a 7x5 card) and I am a tree-oholic!  I made a scene the same size using Inkylicious stamps, my ink dusters and a mountain valley stencil, then popped the birch trees over the top with 3d glue gel. I used a sakura stardust pen to add a bit of shimmer to the birch trees.
My second card was inspired by the lovely fresh greens of springtime that seem to be emerging at the moment.
Again I used Inkylicious stamps, memento inks, my ink dusters and a mountain valley stencil. The blossom around the edge is spun sugar distress stickles and gold liquid pearls.
Thanks for looking! 

12 comments:

Joan said...

Two fabulous cards Sally, love that die, could see lots of uses for it ( there you go tempting me to spend again LOL). Love the fresh colours of the second card too

Joan

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the die and the beautiful scene behind it, so beautiful.
The second card is scrumptious and so very Spring like. Love both cards.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

These are both gorgeous! That birch tree die is really nifty and looks great raised up like that. Your spring card is quite stunning.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Both of the cards are gorgeous Sally. I love the tree die and must admit that I clicked on the link before leaving a comment, as I just had to have this, like Joan I can see so many uses for the die.

Sue xx

Helen J said...

Gorgeous cards, Sally, particularly the first one, I love what you've done with the tree die.

Mrs A. said...

Oh my goodness Sally. loved the first card and then got to the second one and was transfixed. Love the colours and the scene you have created.
On a bit of a high here either from the 1/2 bottle of wine consummed or the fact that the interent is up and running abeit falling over every 15 mins or so. (The internet not me. Mind you not attempted to stand up yet!! )
Hugs mrs A.

Gerrina said...

Both cards are so delicate and beautiful! Love the new die and love the fresh spring colours and design of the second card!

Elaine said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally. I love the first (I have a similar die from Taylored Expressions) the stamped background works perfectly. I love the soft colours. I have thought about trying something similar in the past but with a black die cut. The fresh greens in your second card, coupled with a real glow of warm sunshine really capture the essence of a warm spring day. It looks like you really enjoyed yourself with these! Elaine x

Sarn said...

Looks fantastic Sally . . . money well spent I'd say! xxx

susiestacey said...

Two beautiful cards Sally, love the second little scene and the pink just lifts it. Have a good weekend x Susan x

Canonbury creations said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally and oh how I want that die!
Val x

Fliss said...

Don't know how I missed these! Totally stunning and so different in style too.
Fliss xx