Monday 25 January 2016

Rudolf day for January

Hi There! It is the 25th of the month and time for the first Rudolf day of 2016. I have made two very different cards for this month. For my first I used a be creative wonder sheet, a frantic stamper die, indigo blu mega flake and some of the narrowest wonder tape on a linen finish card.
My second card is a cute one. For this one I used a digi from Digistamp Boutique, coloured it with Be creative alcohol markers and added Inkylicious fluffy puffy stuff for the fur trim. The base card was embossed with a Sheena embossing folder.
 You can see the dimension of the Fluffy puffy stuff and a bit of the twinkle from the ultra fine glitter that I added below.
Do pop over to Scrappy Mo's and take a look at her inspiration and the prize this month - a rather gorgeous Die from Memory box!
Before I go I thought you might like a piece of my Whiskey Mac Ginger cake that I baked for our Burn's Night celebrations.
It was quite boozy with some single malt drizzled over it! If you fancy trying it for yourself you can find the recipe here.
Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Kathleen said...

Totally love the first card, simple and stunning. Really cute image and a lovely embossing folder on the second card.
Don't let Sarn see the cake or you will have none left, that is if you have any left as I believe it is Burns night tonight.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

That first card is a corker...just stunning!
The second is a sweetie...Wonderful image and beautifully coloured.

Thanks for taking part in the January Rudolph days Challenge.

brenda said...

Great pair of cards for Rudolph Day Sal and yummy looking boozy bake.

Actually have my card made to post for Rudolph Day, though I had better start the year off better than last as my intentions never carried though.

B x

Canonbury creations said...

Fab Xmas cards Sally love the Joy one! Your cake looks amazing hope you enjoyed Burns night.
Val x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally, I love the elegance of the first and the cute image of the second. Your cake looks yummy and I'm sure it tasted as good too.

Sue xx

Sarn said...

Happy Rudolph Day to you Sally.

LOVE both cards, but the glitzy top one gets my vote!

WOW that cake looks amazing too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sarn said...

MMmmm, yummy . . . I did leave you a few cake crumbs! xxx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Two gorgious cards and the cake looks very yammy!!

Have a great time !
Maria

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both beautiful cards, but have a liking for the first one, with it's glitter, although saying that the texture on the second is great too. OK I can't decide after all! Both gorgeous.

Your cake looks so yummy. If my oven was good enough I'd bake this!
xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Both lovely cards Sally but I especially like the first one, it looks really classy. It was my birthday yesterday so I hope you've saved me a piece of that yummy cake ;) X I

Jenny L said...

Hi Sally,
what a brilliant Rudolf card.
It looks so luxurious with all that lovely gold leaf.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

SewPaperPaint said...

These cards are just beautiful, but having a hard time focusing because of drooling or the yummy cake! Great post!

Helen J said...

Lovely cards, I can't think about Christmas cards at this time of year so I won't be joining in!
The cake looks yummy:-)

Linby said...

Two fab cards although so different. Love the gilding and the cuteness and embossing on the second one, cake looks amazing too.

Berina RGA said...

Both cards are beautiful!! Love the gilding!! The cake looks yummy!! Thanks you for sharing with us at the Rudolph days challenge.
-Berina
Moxie Craftie
Rudolph Days Challenge DT