Wednesday 5 April 2017

Moonlight, Willow trees and a walk

Since I got my Inkylicious Moonscape stamp and mask I have been playing with it quite a lot! For this scene I used memento inks in Elderberry, Lulu lavender and Cantaloupe. I stamped the moon in lulu lavender then masked it and dusted the cantaloupe ink over the area. I then continued to dust with the lulu lavender and the elderberry ink. After removing the mask, I dusted the moon lightly with lavender and cantaloupe ink in a circular motion, giving it a pink tinge. I added the hills with a mountain valley stencil and stamped the willow trees (also from inkylicious) in Elderberry ink. Finally I added spots of clear stardust gelly roll pen to the trees and their roots and stamped the birds. This was such an easy card to make and I am very pleased with the result.
Before I go I will share a few photos. Meg came home for a few days and we went for a walk in Derbyshire - the Tansley and Matlock area. There was beautiful sunshine and lovely scenery along the Lumsdale Valley.
Here are a few photos...







13 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Sally, absolutely gorgeous card, your inking and composition is just beautiful, love trees images and this one is wonderful, your walk looks lovely, gorgeous scenery, thanks for sharing them, Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Sally, I love the moon (not used my stamp yet). Beautiful country scenery in your photos too.

Sue xx

Joan said...

Beautiful card Sally, love the colours. I'd forgotten I got that stamp! Your photos are lovely too, I love spring , makes me happy after the long dreary winter .

Joan x

Helen said...

stunning card, and even more stunning scenery!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such a gorgeous card Sally and the colours are wonderful. Your photos look fabulous too and Meg looks really well. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Barb said...

An absolutely stunning card Sally. What beautiful colours. Some lovely photos too. Barbxx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Sally, love the colours you have used and the willow tree stamp is gorgeous - such a beautiful card. Lovely photo's too. x Susan x

Tina Z. said...

stunning card and amazing photos!

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely dreamy feel to your card Sally, the colours are gorgeous. Great photos too.
Val x

Wies said...

Love your card. The colours, the moon and silhouettes of trees make a wonderfull scene.
Enjoyed your photos.
X Wies

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I knew before I saw who it was blogged by, that this was one of your beautiufl scenery cards, you do them so VERY well, this is beautiful. Love your photos, which are also beautiful of this green and pleasant land of ours.
Faith
x

Greta said...

You created a beautiful scene & the photos are stunning!

Lynne K said...

Wow, what gorgeous photos! Beautiful card too! x