Sunday 14 May 2017

Dora's Digi and a Bluebell Walk

Hi there! I'm here with a card that is my DT offering for Dora's Digis which are here on her blog. I coloured it with Be Creative Alcohol markers. Again I am a few days late, I'm afraid! The papers are from an Artylicious CD rom (Chocolate Baroque - not sure if they are still available) I do love a dragonfly 😊
Whilst I am here I thought I would share some photos from my belated birthday lunch and bluebell walk with my Sister and Brother in Law, last weekend. It was a beautiful day!
 A lovely view across Linacre reservoir. There are three dams and three lakes all surrounded by woodland on the outskirts of Chesterfield.
 Marsh Marigolds (a member of the buttercup family), affectionately known as May Blobs by my grandfather
 And lots of Bluebells

 Don't you just love the contrast of the fresh greens, the old beech leaves and the bluebells?
 Ransoms (Wild Garlic) in amongst the bluebells
 These two trees remind me of a Lavinia stamp....
I hope you enjoyed the stroll in the sunshine. Apologies for not making it into blog land as much as I'd like at the moment. It is pointless government test time in primary schools. Don't let anyone tell you that we don't have to do them any more, because we do and they are making them harder and harder. There are questions on the KS2 paper that are like the ones that were on O level papers in my day. I'd better get off my soapbox and go and cook tea.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Helen said...

the end of term can't come soon enough, obviously... love the walk round the lake and the bluebells are gorgeous! Had a great walk myself yesterday at Kew, not such nice weather though!

Dora said...

Hello Sally,
What a beautiful card have you made. Beautiful paper. I like the pictures that you have taken.
(there is a card on the way for you for your birthday, sorry for being late)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card, love the colours you used on the dragonfly. Such beautiful scenery and the bluebells are just wonderful aren't they?
Faith
x