Saturday 23 March 2019

Feathered Friends

 At half term I was able to sit and watch a Crafty Individuals show on Hochanda and as always, I was inspired by Jean to make some cards with the stamps on the show I already had, whilst waiting for the ones I ordered to arrive! Here is the result...
 The first card has a Distress oxide background stamped with another Crafty Individuals stamp. The background behind the bird stamp was made with spectrum noir sparkle pens. One of the sparkly sequins is hiding a little smudge very effectively!
The second card's background was made using clingfilm, which was sprayed with ink sprays before placing a piece of silk art card into it. the cling film was wrapped around the edge and then the card was turned over to ensure coverage and a good arangement of creases. It was then left to dry. Again the bird was stamped with versafine clair over a spectrum noir sparkle background.  As this week's challenge at Allsorts is 'Feathered Friends', it would be rude not to enter, lol, so I'm taking these along to play. I was delighted to find I had been picked for the top 5 for my rainbow tree entry last week. Many Thanks to the DT!
I have since received the stamps I ordered from Crafty Individuals, so will share the cards I have made with them soon. Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments.

9 comments:

brenda said...

Now what a surprise to see you pop up here so early on day one of this theme Sally, who would ever have suspect this one would appeal to you!! Beautiful of course and the vibrancy of colours totally appeals, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Feathered Friends' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Wendy L said...

Both so beautiful and perfect for the challenge at Allsorts. Xxxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Look at us today....like birds of a feather! :) Two beautiful cards here Sally and I love the background on the second one and it's great colours too. I must give that one a try when I'm next making backgrounds x

Ellibelle said...

I'm so happy you joined in with my Feathered Friends theme at Allsorts challenge! Two fabulous creations, super creative inky designs! Thank you so much for sharing this week at Allsorts!

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous cards Sally, wonderful colours and designs, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous cards Sally, love the image and your gorgeous backgrounds. Thank you for joining our 'Feathered Friends' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Michelle said...

Fab cards Sally, nice techniques on the backgrounds too. Really enjoying nosing round blog world again. Hope you have a good week. X Michelle

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Sally, I love the vibrant backgrounds.

Sue xx

Mummylade said...

Wonderful background! Thank you for joining our challenge at Allsorts this week with your project.