Monday 15 February 2021

Butterfly Birthday Greetings

 

Hi There! The Doodle Art Insects and flowers seem to be my 'go-to' stamps at the moment when I need a card and Mr Mojo is having a break. As soon as I start colouring them he seems to show up again! Last weekend I made another colourful birthday card using the Doodle Art butterflies. Here is how I made it.

First I smooshed some distress oxide ink in Broken china onto some acetate, misted with a little water and touched it onto a 13cm square of plain card.

Once this was dry I place the Big Ones Botanical Garden inkable over it and sprayed with distress oxde spray in wilted violet.

Whilst it dried I stamped 2 butterflies using the regular doodle art butterfly set  onto watercolour card and coloured (you don't have to be particularly careful with colouring as they are going to be cut out) with ecoline pens in deep yellow and magenta.
I added a few Gelly Roll gel pen highlights and then cut them out, removing the antenae.
I stamped the butterflies onto the background where I wanted to place them
and used 3d glue gel to stick the cut out butterflies over the stamped images. This way they can still have antennae! The spatters and dots around the stamp are also added.
I matted and layerd the background onto a 15cm square card, adding the Happy Birthday sentiment from the everyday sentiments 2 set.
Here is another look at the finished card. Those bright colours really cheered me up! It is well worth experimenting with different colours together. The yellow and Magenta weren't a combination I would have guessed would work so well. Hope you like it.

Thanks for looking and Happy stamping!

                             Sally x

5 comments:

meg said...

Gorgeous bright colours and a fabulous card

cuilliesocks said...

A gorgeous card Sally, lovely bright cheerful colours and the butterfly image is wonderful, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

What a cheery card, full of beautiful colour and great techniques....A stunner x.

Pat said...

A beautiful stencilled background in that pretty blue and purple Sally and love the two bright butterflies over the top and perfect matted on to black. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How VERY Beautiful Sally, I love the colours of everything.
Faith x