Wednesday 17 July 2024

A super quick journal page

Hi There! I am here with a super quick journal page today as I was busy at the weekend with a karate tournament. I found this cute 12cm square Talens notebook and it had to become a journal for super quick mini projects! 

I began by cutting a piece of A5 Catalyst card to fit the page, rounding the corners to leave a narrow border. I attached it using Matte Medium.

Next I used a tag inkable from set 5 to add some black soot Distress oxide to the middle of the page before setting it aside to dry

I stamped the doodle Art Dragonfly in Black Versafine Clair onto mixed media card and cut it out. I coloured it using coordinating colours of ecoline markers and added a few white highlights with a white gel pen 
Using Matte Medium I added the dragonfly to the page, sticking it down just by the head and body, leaving the wings free. 
Finally I added wordy stickers to finish the page. 
I used:
Ecoline pens
White gel pen
Black soot distress oxide ink
Black Versafine Clair

This was super quick and easy and something similar would be a perfect entry for the challenge this month over in the Bee Crafty Stamps Facebook group. I hope you can join us!
As I said earlier, it was a very busy weekend, but I was delighted and a little shocked to come away with a silver medal for Team Kumite and a Double Gold for individual Kata and Kumite. Here's a photo of the over 55s medal winners. Region 30 bagged over half of the medals on offer and I was very proud of all of my students that entered. 
Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Pat said...

A beautiful journal page Sally and I love the bright and pretty dragonfly over the top of the stencilled and inked background, and the words finish it perfectly. Well done to you and your team for doing so well at the karate tournament and also a great result for your area as a whole! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An amazing page, love the stamps and colours and the beautiful dragon fly. Beautiful work as always Sally. Congratulations to you all, bet you are all still buzzing from the excitement. x