Sunday 7 December 2008

Reflecting on last week and what's left to do

I never mentioned did I? the school panto was a huge success. We totally sold out for all the performances. The children were amazing - every single one of them. My class were little stars and we had no mishaps. There were a couple of comic moments , one involving a child lifting his head as a girl was leapfrogging over him and they both sat down with his head up her skirt! Fortunately everyone saw the funny side and no one was hurt! The two ugly sisters were year six boys in drag - completely out of character for them, but they were phenomenal. I take my hat off to all of them. Over the next two weeks we have a nativity with carols, an achievement assembly, christmas parties, christmas cards to make, calendars to make...the list is endless. I also have a new child starting in my class on Monday - that's 6 since September, although 2 have left. we normally get a few extras, but not this many so early on! Well, can't complain - more chidren means more money in school and less chance of any redundancies, which is more than can be said for most lines of work at the moment. It's not the biggest class I've ever had - I had 36 four and five year olds once.

Anyway, back to the present. I have written letters to post in cards (a round robin cheat I'm afraid), most of the Christmas presents are bought and I've made a card for a friend who has a birthday a week on Monday. It features a butterfly stamp from Aspects of Design range by The Stampman and the crafty notions creative colour sprays. I'm now trying to decide what to put on a card for Mark, who also has a birthday a week on Monday, and was our best man. He has had cards featuring a chocoholic stamp, cats and computers in the past and I just don't know what to do for him. A tree would be a cop out! I'm wondering about DIY or a cake...I'll post it when I've done it.

No comments: