Sunday 5 July 2009

A couple of Birthdays

My good friend Julie has a birthday this week, and I was really stuck for ideas for her card, but yersterday we were talking about birds in the garden - wrens in particular, so I thought I would do something with this one. The text stamp and the Wren are from Crafty Individuals. The flourishes are from Personal Impressions. I sprayed card with a mixture of creative colour sprays for the background and stamped over with Adirondack and versafine inks. The wren was stamped in stazon onto shiny card and coloured with distress inks.
This card was made for our neighbour,who celebrated his fiftieth yesterday with an eighties- themed party. He plays guitar and used to be in a band, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to use my Inkadinkado rockstar set that I had for my Birthday. I put mirri card through the cuttlebug and grunged it up with brown stazon for the background.

6 comments:

brenda said...

Two great projects Sally, for me the blue and green is an absolute winner I so love those colours together.

We have a family of wrens in our garden, they are such dainty birds one wonders how their little legs hold them up.

B x

Lynne K said...

Great cards. I like the way you've used the flourish stamp for the border on the wren card, and that guitar is fab!

craftimamma said...

Looks like you've chosen two perfect subject images for your recipients Sally.

Like Brenda I love the colour combo on the wren card but they are both great.

Lesley Xx

Spyder said...

Two lovely makes! Great colours love the designs.

((Lyn))

lisa said...

Both lovely cards as always Sally. That guitar stamp is lovely, it works so well for a man's card but my favourite is the wren. The colours are just lovely and your friends stamp works so well. I have been tempted by this one but wasn't sure how I would use it. I might just have to treat myself now!!!

Lisax

Papoosue said...

These are lovely projects :-) I have the rockstar stamps too and I used them on some offcuts of photo paper that I coloured with alcohol inks. I like the way you've used them here. xx