Wednesday 19 August 2009

Graphicus August Challenge - Complementary Colours

It's a while since I did the Graphicus Challenge, but, after reading Glenda's article I think this meets the complementary colours theme.(Sorry, Glenda. I couldn't bring myself to do anything on a Christmas theme yet!) I used distress inks in Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Dusty Concord and Worn Lipstick. I swiped them across my craft mat and spritzed with water before laying white cardstock on top. When it was dry I stamped it with my favourite stamp of all time - the Fern from the Wild Meadow theme plate. The darker ones were stamped in versafine imperial purple, and the ones in the background are stamped with Adirondack Cool Peri. I finished it off with a dragonfly brad that I coloured with my promarkers. Hope you like it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that background and colour combi is stunning - beautiful card

brenda said...

Hi Sally,

Oh dear, what a dilemma, I think I might like this one even more that the green one. Stunning again.

B x

lottie said...

I adore your cards - I am hopeless at them.

You have a great sense of colour schemes

Debbie Dolphin said...

so beautiful sally.love them
debbiexxxx
wrote you an essay a few blogs down!!sorry\!!!!!!lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally, i am so sorry i have been neglectful lately of my fellow bloggers, i just have had so little time and been ill too so its not been easy but i really appreciate your lovely comments on my arty retreat blog. thank you.
Also have added to follow via this addy too so i see your work more often as i have missed it. These leaf works are so stunning, you have such a great way with colour my friend
Hugs June xxx