Sunday 18 October 2009

Allsorts challenge week 23

Here is my card for this weeks Allsorts challenge. The theme is Monochrome Christmas following a sketch. I made two cards, as I forgot the sketch bit in my first attempt! The main stamp is by Inkadinkado from their Tin Can Mail range. I stamped it in Adirondack Espresso. I used a damp paint brush to drag some colour onto the holly. The small holly stamp is from Graphicus and the sentiment is from Hero arts I think. The paper is a download from Summer Driggs and the corner is made using my Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch. I was really not sure what to use for the embellies, and ended up punching some little trees from some paper stamped with music (Stamporuim). Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Sally,

love the musical papers you have used and the holly looks great fab idea to drag the ink into the image,

thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Kirsten...x said...

Hi Sally

Lovely card love the colours and the image is great thanks for joining us this week hugs kirsten...x

Victoria said...

oooh this is stunning, beautiful stamping

Victoria
Allsorts GDT
x

brenda said...

Hi Sally

Great card and love your colour scheme and take on my sketch.

Thank yo so much for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

craftimamma said...

I really love this card Sally and I think you've done a great take on the challenge brief.

The colour you've chosen for the monochrome tints and tones is just up my street. Lovely image too.

Lesley Xx

lisa said...

Hi Sally. This great. I love how you've dragged the colour onto the image and that music bp is lovely.
Your little xmas tree embellies are very clever, they work perfectly.

Lisax

Jules said...

Hi Sally

Missed seeing your creations whilst I have been away.

Your take on Brenda's challenge is wonderful and I love your colour choice and gorgeous image.

Such a beautiful sentiment and one we just have to live in hope for!

Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Gro said...

Beautiful card, great image
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts

Lesley said...

Fab card Sally, I love the holly image xx

Michelle said...

Absolutely love this card Sue, totally inspired.
x Michelle