Thursday 12 April 2012

Silhouettes at Craft-a-Scene

The theme this month at Craft a Scene is Silhouettes. Now I was thrilled that they liked my card so much last month, and wasn't at all sure what to do this month, but after a fair bit of mulling, opted for an interpretation of one of the photos taken last week. Here is the card...

and here is the photo...
Well, it had to have a moon/sun on it and a bird too! I brayered the background with Adirondacks in Peach bellini, Sunshine yellow, Sunset orange and Pitch Black. The tree is an Andy Skinner stamp by Personal Impressions and all other stamps are from Inkylicious. I added a few lines and spots of white gel pen to highlight the twigs in the corner. The black panel was embossed and then rubbed over with rub and buff.
The die-cut leaves are a Marianne die and the roses were hand cut and rolled from gold paper. Here is a close up so you can see them better.
I think this is going to be Meg's Birthday card, as she took the photo and she also loves her birds of prey.
Before I go I want to mention the wonderful lady from whom I learned how to use a brayer. She doesn't know me from Adam, but I have spent many a happy hour looking at her work and following her tutorials. I first discovered her work back in 2008 and have learned so much from her. If you have never visited Michelle Zindorf's blog 'Freedom in Creating' make sure you pay her a visit. She is truly inspirational, and does it all for love, giving freely of her talent. She isn't the only one either. There are many other amazingly talented and inspirational crafters out there too, and I am so delighted to have found this great challenge, along with the fabulous DT for even more inspiration.  Isn't the internet an amazing thing? Well, thanks for looking and I hope you have a great day.

27 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, Sally - this is absolutely stunning. Beautiful work and so realistic. I could sit and watch that for hours! All my favourite elements, too. I love Michelle Zindorf, too - her work is always so incredible x

Teri said...

OMG!! This is a work of art hun!! Gorgeous! xx

Canonbury creations said...

Wow Sally you've excelled yourself with this card! It's a perfect replication of your photo:) Thanks for the link to Michelle's blog, I'm useless at brayering!
Val x

Lisa Jane said...

woweee - totally gorgeous .. i love the black and gold and the flowers , and the tree and the embossing.. guess i love it all!
Lisa x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Sally - this is fabulous - so elegant, classy, and beautifully coloured. Love the embossed panel and the flower spray - everything works together perfectly on this gorgeous card.

I took a peek at the Craft-A-Scene blog, and it is so "you", and I can see why they love your work.
Sylvia x

Sue said...

This is totally gorgeous Sally, I love the little white highlights in the grass. I agree with Sylvia-Anne, this is so you x

Lynne K said...

Wow, this is amazing! If the tree stamp was reversed, it could almost be the one in the photo. Fabulous card. I must have a look at the Craft a Scene challenge. x

craftieodmae said...

Absolutley gorgeous! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Craft a Scene challenge blog.

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

A fantastic card, Sally...great colours

Unknown said...

How utterly stunning Sally and a gorgeous interpretation of your photo xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is fabulous and your own photo for inspiration! Love it.

I've been catching up on what I've missed, you have been busy, and enjoying yourself too, beautiful cards and beautiful photos.

NancyD said...

Sally, thank you for such nice comments about Craft a Scene. Your work is also very inspirational. I love how you branch out and try new things. Your scene is wonderful and so is your inspirational picture. What a great idea to create something we see already in nature. Lovely! NancyD

Anonymous said...

This scene is stunning; your sky is beautiful and I love the way you included foreground and background images.
Heather T

Tracy said...

Hi Sally
A really gorgeous creation, beautiful design and love the colours, such a pleasure to see.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

pinky said...

Wow Sally what an amazing take on your photo. Its even nicer than the photo!! Love how you have captured the depth and colours. I am so jealous!

Linby said...

wow Sally this is just breathtaking - fantastic work. Love those roses.
I'm off to check out this challenge and the blog you mentioned.
Lynn x

Deanna said...

This is just beautiful. I just love your inspiration picture too. Your colors and layout are just perfect:)

craftimamma said...

Sally, words fail me ............ for once, lol! However, I was so amazed by your interpretation of the photo I turned the lappy round to show my OH (who takes no interest in crafting) and unfortunately I can't actually print his two word comment but his eyebrows went up, eyes opened wide and "Bl.... He..!" came out of his mouth! That my friend is praise indeed, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Debbie said...

love the photo and your card recreates the feeling of the photo perfectly!

stampinganja said...

Your work is amazing! What a joy that you share that with us, thanks!! Another great card! Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene!

brenda said...

I had been watching out for this one Sally, didn't realise it was already posted, again my dashboard's let me down.

So aplos I've not been before to look at this absolutely stunning creation.

B x

craftimamma said...

Sally, I keep having to come back and have another look at this card. It is so realistic and so skillfully executed.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Helen in the UK said...

Beautiful! You've really captured the essence of the photograph - great job :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Sally, this is an amazing card and a wonderful interpretation of your photo! Thanks for the link to Michelle's blog.
xx

Rosie said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous, I love it, Sally

shazsilverwolf said...

Oh my, this is incredible! Your colour choices were fabulous, and the stamps perfect to simulate the photo. I have to have a go at trying this image- very inspiring.A fantastic entry at Craft A Scene, Shaz

shulsart said...

Stunning work, just as amazing as the photograph! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Craft a Scene challenge blog.