Wednesday 25 February 2015

Rudolf day for February

It is time for another Rudolf day at Scrappy Mo's and we only have the three days this time to post our creations, so I'd best get cracking!
Two rather glittery creations this time.

First up is an attempt at one of those wreaths made of sticks. I didn't have that sort of wreath stamp, but I did have a circular mask and the inkylicious willow twigs stamp. I dotted it with red stickles berries and added a craft creations sentiment in the middle on 3d glue.

My second card was made using a stencil that I think may have been a magazine freebie about 10-15 years ago! I used some golden pine sparkle medium from imagination crafts through it, then mounted it on miriboard. The sparkle medium looks quite golden here, but it probably more green in real life. The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque.
Sorry my photos are a bit rubbish. It has been so dull and dreary, even with a bit of daylight we needed the lights on, which has made these cards more creamy coloured than they should be.
Thanks for looking, and I hope you get the chance to join in with a Christmas card over at Mo's blog. Do take a look at her fab card and the wonderful prize on offer too.

11 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

With or without sunshine, these shine! Both great cards Sally.

Mrs A. said...

I love your stick wreath. Yikes! 3 days less this month. Best get a move on then. hugs Mrs A.

Karen Petitt said...

They are both stunning Sally and I love your stick wreath! It's stunning and so clever. I may have to pinch that idea. If I do I'll send peeps over here for the original inspiration Karen x

Jean said...

Two lovely sparkly cards Sally,I have to say the second one is my favourite, that stencil looks great with the sparkle medium.
Jean x

scrappymo! said...

Wow...that willow twig wreath is beautiful What a brilliant idea you had to create a wreath from that stamp!

The second card looks great with that pretty shimmer and sparkle.

Thanks for taking part in the February Rudolph Days Challenge. Good luck!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great Christmas cards Sally, I love them both!!

Greetings
Maria

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally, i love what you made with the twigs. Also the lovely card using the stencil, plenty of sparkle for Christmas with these two.

Sue xx

Canonbury creations said...

Two lovely cards Sally, your stick wreath is stunning!!!
Val x

Joan said...

Wow, love your stick wreath, so clever and sparkly. Think I might have that stencil lurking somewhere, it looks great on your card.

Ps love your cards in Creative Stamping this month

Joan

Carola Bartz said...

How clever of you to create the wreath with the willow twigs stamp. It looks good and I like the cheerful red stickles berries (stickles is just wonderful, I love to use it). The card with the three wise men is beautiful - simple and beautiful.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Hey! That stick/twine wreath is perfect--what a great way to make a wreath when you don't have a stamp like it. I love the red glitter spots. Your other card is fab too!