Sunday 20 March 2016

More Aurora Wings Colouring

 Back in February I entered this card into an Aurora Wings Challenge on Facebook. Amazingly, I was lucky enough to be a winner! As a part of my prize I chose this image called Calla Lily Sprite.
The first one I coloured with be Creative markers and used papers on my card from the Artylicious cd Butterfly Bliss and Filigree fusion (I think - it is a while since I printed them out!) The pale gold card is pearlescent, and I used a  gold gelly roll stardust pen for the centres of the lilies.
My second card is one that I did as a sample for Be Creative's Hochanda shows last Friday. I used paper from their Nature's portrait paper pad. The bottletop and glitter glue are also from Be Creative.
Hi there to my new followers, Teri, Kate, Jo and Trudi. Great to have you here! I aim to have some Follower candy soon, as I head back to 300 followers (I got there just before Google had the clear out and wiped 14 off my total (Grrrr!)
Today I have enjoyed my belated Mother's day, with Meg being home for her Easter Holiday. I was treated to breakfast in bed, a beautiful bunch of flowers...
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/5954_10207805079137671_4710742369720083097_n.jpg?oh=cd5d4850c842b29bf23f054e8b564a11&oe=57873D1A
and some amazing home baked biscuits called Gypsy Creams (I think these might be a Dumfries and Galloway delicacy, taken from the cookbook we bought from New Abbey tea Rooms last summer)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/936643_10207805048136896_8436375586535357341_n.jpg?oh=d6ef891a77d08c1e05f6717272aa83d0&oe=574DD0A9
I consider myself a very fortunate Mum!
Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two lovely cards Sally and both coloured exquisitely. I especially like to warm colours that you've used in the first card, It's looks so striking with those vivid red flowers. Gorgeous flowers from Meg and it would definitely seem that she's developed your skill for baking. Glad you've had a great weekend and I hope that you enjoy your school hols. x x

cuilliesocks said...

WOW! your flowers are gorgeous, enjoy them and the Gypsy creams.
Your two cards are so beautiful, the warm rich colours of the first one is so striking and the contast of the softer colours of your second one shows how versatile this image can be.
Thank you for your welcome, Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally, They look so different with the change of colours. Fabulous flowers and those Gypsy Creams look yummy.

Sue xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Beautiful colouring Sal, lovely indeed, and even better work on your daughters part what pretty flowers and bickies, yummo!! Put the kettle on, will be there in a jiff!
Thanks so much for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful card, sally. The colouring is so well done!

Your Mothers Day repast looks delicious. How lovely to be spoilt!

Greta said...

Wow--what a wonderful Mother's Day with beautiful flowers & yummy goodies! Fun to see your beautiful coloring resulting in totally different looks with the same image!

Linby said...

Not seen these images before, but I like them and I love how you coloured them, so pretty.
Lx

Diane said...

Just a gorgeous colored card design Sally. What lovely flowers and goodies.

Hugs Diane

Helen J said...

Lovely cards, the shading on the flowers in particular is superb. And what a lovely belated Mother's Day!