Saturday 26 March 2016

Rudolf day for March

Here I am with a couple of cards for Rudolf Day. The first is an inkylicious tree in a snowy landscape. The embossing folder is from Sheena Douglass, which I picked up in the sales last year.
My second card has a Digi from Teri Sherman's Delicious Doodles, coloured with Be Creative alcohol markers.
I used the same embossing folder. Now you may notice there are no sentiments on these. I want to use quite a small stamp and I have temporarily mislaid it, so rather than searching for it, I'll add the sentiment later!
Do pop over to Scrappy Mo's blog and take a look at the DT cards. There is lots of inspiration! I am going to try and make several cards for April's Rudolf day as I haven't made as many as I had made this time last year.
We have a ridiculous arrangement for our Easter holidays from school, in that I have good Friday and Easter Monday off, back to school for 4 days then two weeks off. The down side of this is we will have two extra days to do before the summer holiday, so don't finish until 26th July, and on top of that I am only off for one week when Meg is here.
Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments

16 comments:

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning embossing folder and both cards are so different too, thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge this month, Luv Sam (GDT) x

Sarn said...

Love these two Rudolph Day cards Sally.

Who on earth devised THAT school timetable then? Had they been drinking hooch in the Playground Tree house?

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

Two really beautiful cards.

Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally, I especially love the digi on the second and have used it myself on many cards in the past. I'm sure it will make an outing again this year. How inconsiderate of the school to mess your time off up and stop you spending it with Megan. I'm sure you will make the most of what time you do have though. Happy Easter.

Sue xx

scrappymo! said...

Two beautiful cards! The first has that beautiful embossing for the tree...it looks wonderful!

The second has that lovely ribbon wrapped look with the pretty bow.

Two great design and two great cards.

Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Well done ... love the clever elements on first one Sal, with the sponging..
...and second one has great layout annoying misplacing things isn't it.. happy hunting,
Shaz in Oz.x enjoy the hols too :D

Linby said...

Two wonderful cards. I have that digi, I thought you had coloured it digitally- fantastic colouring.
Lynn x

brenda said...

So you also have the silly Easter arrangement Sally, DIL Lorna has the same in Hertfordshire.

Two great Rudolph Day cards.

Have a lovely Easter Sunday.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Sally, two fabulous cards, one traditional and the other quite contemporary, great designs both. Your school hols are quite different to ours here in the Highlands, but I hope you find time to enjoy them, Kate x

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the elegant die cut on the first card and the fab image on the second.
Thank you for playing along at Rudolph Day
Jane
Rudolph Day DT

Helen J said...

Lovely cards, the colouring on the second one is superb again. This "spring break" business they've done with the school holidays is a pain, isn't it? I suppose the only bonus is that you have a couple of short working weeks!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Pretty embossing on both cards! I really like these!

LesleyG said...

Two beautiful two choose ! Hope you find the sentiment stamp xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both beautiful and elegant cards. Don't think I could choose between them.

Jean said...

Both are beautiful cards Sally, I especially like the first one, so pretty.
Jean x

sally said...

I love the silver tree!

Sally