Sunday 15 July 2018

A Little Owl

The theme for July over at Penny Black and More is 'things with wings', so the perfect opportunity to share my latest lolly stick wall hanger. The stamps are a newish set from a Hobby Art, designed by Janie Burnett-Bleach. I stamped in Versafine onto watercolour paper, coloured with Zig clean color markers and fussy cut before mounting onto the lollystick base with 3d glue gel. I used glossy slap-it-on from Indigo Blu to give the leaves a bit of a sheen. I do like the slap-it-on as the sheen is not as glossy as glossy accents, so perfect for realistic leaves. I used glossy accents on the eyes, and a bit of starlight paint on the moon.
Do let me know if you start getting bored with my lolly sticks 😉. I am holding a stall at the local arts festival next weekend and will be interested to see if they sell. This one will end up on my kitchen wall if it doesn't.
Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments. A week and a half to go at school before we break up. Fingers crossed that Ofsted don't call before then. TTFN

9 comments:

brenda said...

Your Owl is stunning Sally and so realistically coloured and sits very nively on his branch, perfect for our 'Wings' theme at Penny Black and More, many thanks for joining in.

As for the lolly sticks, I'm seeing a few of these but where do you get them - or do you eat loads of lollies??

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Well, I'm loving your lolly stick creations Sally and I think they're getting better and better, and this is one of my favourites. The layout is perfect and the dimension from the Owl and the leaves looks amazing. The colours are stunning too. I would definitely be tempted to keep this one if I were you :) Crafty hugs, Sandra xx

Dora said...

This is so great idea with the lollisticks. This is beautiful!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is gorgeous Sally, I love you're lolly stick scenes they're wonderful. Good luck at the festival.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

WOW absolutely stunning Sally, fabulous art work, love the owl with the night sky behind it, Kate x x

Linby said...

I've just done my first lolly stick piece too - inspired by seeing them on holiday at ridiculous prices. This one looks great and the colouring of the owl is wonderful. Perfect for our challenge at PB & More. Thanks for joining in.
Lynn x
DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your owl is stunning, so much so after reading your post, I wondered where the lolly sticks you were talking about were? DUH! What a GREAT idea and love how you have done this Sally.
Faith
x

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful creation Sally, gorgeous Owl image and love how you added the leaves!
Thank you so much for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge!

Daniela said...

Such a great work! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More!
x Daniela (DT)