Monday 6 September 2021

A new Journal!

Hi There! I have a new journal! I decided to buy one of the 6x6" Dina Wakely Kraft Journals and today I am showing you the first finished pages in it. 

I began by painting blocks of shimmer paint and some Gesso onto the double page of the Kraft journal.
Next I added a couple of patches of texture paste through the Bakewell inkable
I stamped the dotty border, arrows and question marks using Versafine Clair black ink. I also snuck in a bit of white pen to add a few highlights
Next I added the Dina Wakely collage paper words using matte medium and set it aside to dry
I stamped Rainbow view onto a scrap of white card and cut it out
Finally I stuck the house to the page with matte medium adding a bit of shadow with a grey scribble stick. I may go back in and add a few more twiddly bits to finish it off.
Check out that shimmer! 
Here is a list of links to what I used:

7 comments:

meg said...

The shimmer painted background is stunning Sally,lots of fun elements and a great stamped image

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning techniques, shimmer and colours and the sentiment is a hoot.
Faith x

Helen said...

Fab spread! I love my Kraft journal, hope you continue to enjoy yours too.

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful pages Sally, I love the colours and images, Kate x

Sarn said...

Brilliant start to your new journal xxx

Pat said...

Fabulous shimmery paints for your beautuful page and love the added background stamping and the white Bakewell stencilling stands out brilliantly Sally, also the sweet added house and complementary words. x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Great journal pages and something that I definitely need to get back to. Once I’m art journaling, I get totally absorbed x