Monday 20 September 2021

A pot for my blending brushes

 


Hi There! I have been meaning to make a pot for my blending brushes, so, as the theme on the Bee Crafty Facebook challenge is to make something for yourself, I decided to have a go. 

Here is what I did:


I used a can from some pineapple slices that had a ring pull, so to make it safe, I squeezed the top edge with pliers to remove the sharp edge.


I measured the depth of the can and cut a piece of 180gsm Kraft card to fit with a small overlap (8.5cm x 29cm)

I used spots of shimmer paint to cover the card in vertical stripes, blending the colours together at the edges.
Once this was dry I wiped it with an anti static cloth, then stamped a selection of flowers in versamark, before heat embossing with fine detail white powder.

I then stamped a selection of the arrows, question marks and exclamation marks using black archival in the spaces.

I added a few highlights and a scribbled border using both gelly roll and posca white pens.
To attach the card to the can, I used double sided tape to attach it to the tin. I then used both tape and glue to secure the end of the band. 

I used:
A can from some pineapple slices
1 A4 sheet of 180gsm kraft card
Versamark ink

Here are a couple of views of the pot from different sides, which really don't do justice to the shimmery paints! 
I do hope you will have a go and share in the Bee Crafty facebook group. Don't forget to enter your projects on the September challenge album too! 
Our lovely Bev and Sam are on the Craft Store with oodles of amazing bargains in a Bee Crafty Happy Hour at 1pm tomorrow! Don't miss it! 
Thanks for looking! 

7 comments:

meg said...

Love your upcycled can,the colours shimmer and the stamps the perfect finishing touch

Viv said...

Love this Sal! I might have to order one (if I ever get a new space!) x

cuilliesocks said...

It's a gorgeous project Sally, I love the bright colours and the lovely flowers and images, well done Sally it looks great with your brushes, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

So creative, so shimmery, so unique and I love it Sally x.

Pat said...

What a great idea to make a pot for your blending brushes Sally and so bright and pretty using the shimmer paints in stripes and the white embossed flowers and border, and black arrows, exclaimation and question marks all look great together. Thank you also for the detailed 'how to'. x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is fabulous Sally and so colourful. I did something similar myself a couple of weeks ago but I only used Brushos on mine. Many thanks for the tutorial and well done, it looks great x

Dena's Designs said...

This is lovely Sally. I've been planning on doing something similar with a glass jar for ages but havent yet got round to it.