Monday 29 November 2021

Chocolate and cash!

 


Sometimes we want to give a small gift to someone either as a thank you or for a special occasion. Sometimes this might be a little something to accompany a gift card or some cash. My friend Valerie came up with this lovely idea which I have adapted slightly, and could be adapted for a  gift card too. 

I began with an A4 sheet of  200gsm kraft card, which I measured and scored as follows:

In landscape I scored down at 8cm, 9.5cm, 17.5cm,19cm and 27cm. I also scored along the top and bottom 1.5cms from the edges. 
I cut off the remaining piece of card to the right, along with the 9.5 cm strip along the top and bottom edge from the right hand end. This is what I was left with.
I rounded the corners of the flap and cut from the edge to the first fold top and bottom.
Next I randomly stamped snowflakes in white and chianti ink all over the card.
I used pva glue to attach the small flap to the inside-front of the box then stuck the sides together, making a 3d envelope. 
I used another piece of Kraft card, measuring 16x7.5cm to make a separate pocket, using a circle punch to make a semi-circular indent on one edge.

 I stamped this with snowflakes too, rounding the corners and adding a little brown ink along the edges.
Using double sided narrow tape around three edges I attached it to the front of the inner box.
I added the bar of chocolate and the cash into the pocket. If I was giving a gift card I would make a pocket smaller to fit it.

I created a belly band for it's closure using a ribbon, measured to be the correct length (approximately 22cm allowing for overlap) and secured with Gel medium. To cover the join in the middle I added the smaller nutcracker which had been stamped and coloured whilst I was making samples. 
Here is the finished gift.
This was made to fit a 110g bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk and cash but could easily be adapted to fit other brands and, if needed, a gift card. I am sure it would be useful for gifts at other times of the year too. 
Here is another without the money wallet and just using the snowflake border set. 

For this one I used the strip of card from the end of the A4 sheet, painted with Polished Jade Dylusions shimmer paint for the belly band. The inks were Versafine Clair Warm Breeze and the Hero Arts unicorn white.
For the first I used:
One and a half sheets of A4 200gsm Kraft card
Versafine Clair Chianti
Hero Hues Unicorn white ink
Approximately 22cm of coordinating Ribbon 
Coloured pencils
gel medium

Thanks for looking! 

5 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous project Sally,thank you for the instructions

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

You keep the cash Sally and I'll have the chocolate :) A super idea and thank you for sharing how it was made, your decorating of it is fabulous x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for the step by steps, which I always enjoy x. Unique and creative projects and extra loving the nutcracker x.

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous make Sally, and makes a little gift look so special, thank you for the instructions, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Definitely a fabulous gift beautifully presented, love the choccy case with the separate pocket for money.
Faith x