Monday 8 November 2021

Warm Winter Woollies Tag

 Hi There! I am here with a step by step for this tag and a bit of bold colour to liven up Monday morning!

Here is how I made it. 
I took a size 10 Dina Wakely tag and painted it with Dylusions paint in patches of fresh lime, periwinkle blue and blue lagoon. I then realised it would be slightly too long to fit on the journal page in my Dylusions mini journal, so I trimmed 2 cm from the bottom edge. 

Next I used the texture border stamps to add some black ink around the edges.
I added some texture circles in unicorn white and twisted citron ink. 
I stamped the Warm winter journaling girl onto a scrap of watercolour card and onto the tag. By doing this you can cut off the fiddly bits but still have them on the background. In this case the beautiful curly locks.
I used ecoline pens to colour my girl and cut her out.
I stuck her onto the tag over the stamped image with matte medium.
Next I chose two sentiments from the winter small words set, stamped in versafine onto black card and embossed with fine detail white embossing powder.
I added these to the tag with matte medium too. 
Here is the finished tag stuck to a page in my journal....
and here is the double page spread showing the bold background from this week in contrast to the subtle one from last week. Both of these would be great entries into our facebook challenge over in the Bee Crafty Stamps Facebook group, where the theme this month is Stay Subtle or Bee bold, and you can enter up to 3 times! 
I used:
Versamark ink
For those of you on Facebook, I will be doing a facebook live tomorrow at 8pm over on the Bee Crafty page making some festive cards, so please do come and join us for a crafty natter and another view of my messy desk, lol! 
Thanks for looking! 

5 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful festive/winter tag in fabulous vibrant colours

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful tag Sally, it has a very wintery feel to it.

Sue xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Your journal is looking great Sally, very colourful. Once I'm feeling up to it again, I really must start having another play with my journals too. Take care and have a good week x

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful tag Sally, lovely the colours and your stamping is brilliant, Kate x

Pat said...

A fabulous bright and pretty tag and love the added lady coloured so prettily and a great contrast placed next to your last page, but the one thing they have in common is that they are both beautiful Sally. x