Monday 27 December 2021

Sassy Journal spread


 Hi There! Hope you have had a great time over the last few days and been able to celebrate Christmas with your loved ones. I am here to share a step by step for a rather cheeky journal spread I made recently in my Kraft Journal.

I began by painting white gesso on each page leaving a kraft border. I then painted over with the dylusions paint and dylusions shimmer paint in random patches.

Next I added some Dina Wakely metallic paint.
I used a dinkable and a texture disc to add some texture - some with texture paste and some with white gesso
Once this was dry I added stamping in Black versafine clair - First the ledger stamp...
Then some coffee rings and numbers from the coffee stains set. I set this aside to dry.
I stamped the Sassy Journaling Girl in black onto white paper and cut out 
I stuck her to the page with Distress Collage Matte medium.
Next I selected a back chat sticker and added it to the opposite page.

Finally I added a few sequins, white splatters and highlights using moonlight gelly rolls, a posca pen and the Dina Wakely white gloss spray.
I used:

Thanks for looking! 

6 comments:

meg said...

Gorgeous vibrant colours and loads of texture in your background for that unadorned image,love it

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Very bright and beautiful Sally, I've enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with my family and I'm now looking forward to getting my inks out again! xx

Pat said...

So bright and pretty and the sentiment made me smile Sally. I hope you have enjoyed your Christmas and I would like to wish you a happy and healthy new year, and I look forward to visiting and seeing your beautiful work throughout the coming year. x

cuilliesocks said...

What fab vibrant colours Sally and a beautifully designed page, Kate x

Guzzisue said...

Good to see that you are still making beautiful cards, I know our paths haven't crossed for sometime so I thought I'd just drop by and say hello xx

Mummylade said...

Wow, such vibrant colours and great techniques. I have never made journal pages but you surely woke my interest. I might dare to give it a try so thank you.