Monday 13 December 2021

Snowflakes tag

 


Hi There! I got very very inky over the weekend! I thought you might like to see what I was up to.

I Decided to try a bit of resist technique and use some salt with dylusions sprays. 


I began by stamping and heat embossing the doodle art snowflakes with white embossing powder. Here is a close up where you can see the embossing a bit better!

Next I sprayed water all over the tag and sprinkled on a little explosion powder.
I then added more sprays - this time I used dylusions sprays in Calypso Teal and After midnight.
Whilst wet I sprinkled it all  with table salt and then left to dry (this will take quite a while and using a heat gun might over-cook the embossing powder.
Once dry I stamped smaller snowflakes, dots and stars randomly in the spaces with versafine Clair ink.
I used the same ink to stamp the Winter Wonderland on a scrap of white card, sponging a little extra ink around the edges
Finally mat and layer the tag, adding the sentiment and a ribbon. I also added a little faux stitching with gelly roll pens
Here is a close up of that mottled effect created by the salt.
I used:
Versamark ink
Salt
Ribbon and gelly roll pens

Bev and Sam are off to the Craft Store with the faces stamps and some brand new journal Art stamps tomorrow at 3pm and I will be doing Try it out Tuesday Facebook Live tomorrow at 8pm over on the Bee Crafty Facebook page
Thanks for looking! 
 

7 comments:

meg said...

The snowflakes are stunning against the beautiful background colours

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous tag and tutorial Sally. Thanks for sharing with us.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Your tag is gorgeous Sally, love the deep blue colours and the pretty snowflakes, thanks for the tutorial, Kate x

Tracy said...

Love how your snowflakes stand out on this gorgeous background.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Viv said...

Gorgeous tag Sally. (Bet your fingers are still blue!) x

Pat said...

Stunning coloured background with the added mottled look from the salt Sally. The snowflakes are such interesting shapes and stand out brilliantly with the white embossing...a gorgeous tag! x

Mac Mable said...

The colour combination looks fabulous and what a wonderful resist technique with the addition of the salt. Beautiful Sally x.