Saturday 9 April 2022

A Spring Tulip


 Hi there! I think all of the spring flowers coming out has got me reaching for my tulip stamp again! Here is a spring card to share with you. 
I cut a piece of watercolour card 9 x 20cm and sprayed it with Distress oxide sprays. 

Once this was dry I sprayed water through the circles dinkable to make a faux bleached effect.
I stamped little patches of the script stamp in  tea dye distress ink onto the background
Next I used morning mist versafine clair ink to stamp the tulip onto the panel.
I coloured it using ecoline pens. At this point I decided to make the tulip more dimensional.
I stamped the flower twice in Versafine Clair charming Pink, cutting off the petals that are to the rear of the flower on one of them. I then shaped these and attached them using 3d glue. I also added a few highlights in white gellyroll pen.
I stamped a speckled border around the edge of the panel in vintage photo distress ink
Finally I stuck the panel to an ivory DL card and added a sentiment stamped in brown ink. 
Here are links to the items I used:
Distress oxide sprays (I used twisted citron, squeezed lemonade and spun sugar)
Brown, grey and pink versafine clair ink
Ivory DL card 

Thanks for looking! 

4 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Sally! that is so pretty. Love the pink.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous slimline card and tutorial Sally.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sally, tulips are always so pretty on a card and your colours are beautiful, Kate x

Pat said...

This is beautiful with a pretty colourful background and the added dimensional head of the wonderful pink tulip Sally, and the dotty border and sentiment tabs finish it brilliantly. x