Saturday 11 June 2022

A sunflower card

 

Hi There! Today I thought I would show you how I made this single layer card.

I began by using the 4" Sunflower easy frame inkable, blending  distress oxide ink around it. 

Next I popped the innie inkable in and blended a little vintage photo distress oxide ink through the petals.
I then stamped the Doodle Art mandala in the centre using brown versafine clair ink.
I coloured the mandala with ecoline pens, but then I felt the petals weren't quite prominent enough... 
so I took a brown fine liner and outlined the petals in the style of Bev.
I placed the innie over the sunflower and added twisted citron distress ink through the fernando big one inkable.
I stamped a small border stamp (this one is from the regular Doodle Art sunflower set) and added some liquid pearls to the mandala and the border.
finally I added a sentiment from the small words set.
Here is my finished card. 
I used:
5x5" card blank
Distress ink in Twisted Citron
Versafine clair brown ink
liquid pearls

Crafting is minimal for me at the moment, but the craft room renovations are progressing nicely. Here are a few photos from this week. 


3 days for the plaster to dry out then the painting can begin. I will be doing a little live for Bee Crafty on Wednesday evening at 8pm on their facebook page if you fancy joining me.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Pat said...

I love the way you have built up the sunflower Sally and it looks so pretty, and the added stencilled flourish and the border around the other two corners are terrific finishing touches..I love the added liqiuid pearls too. That's a big renovation going on but it will be a wonderful craft room when it's done..makes my small area at the end of the living room look a bit sick..lol. Looking forward to seeing it as it progresses. x

cuilliesocks said...

The sunflower card is so beautiful Sally, I love the colouring and the design.
It's going to be a fabulous crafting space, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your sunflower, beautiful colouring as always. WOW! your craft room will be sensational.
I hope I'm back to normality with my 'puter!
Faith x