Saturday 4 June 2022

Busy as a Bee!

Hi there! I am here with a quick and simple card for you today. Here is how I made it.
I began by blending distress oxide ink through the inkable.
 
Next I stamped some of the honeycomb stamp from the XL Doodle Art Bee set  in the same ink. I also stamped the border in brown Versafine Clair ink. 

I took a piece of watercolour paper and stamped the largest bee in black versafine ink
I coloured it with ecoline pens and cut it out, using a waterbrush to blend the colours on the wings
I attached it to the card using 3d glue and coloured the border. I had left a little fingerprint so disguised it by adding the splatters from the regular sunflower set in vintage photo distress ink. I also stamped 4 flowers from the sunflower set, coloured with moonlight gelly roll pens and a water brush, and added them at the corners. A few more highlights with the gelly roll pens on the bee, plus a sentiment finished it off. 
I used:
XL Doodle art Bee set (This is discontinued, but the regular is available here)

I am currently busy moving everything out of my craft room as it is being replastered, starting on Monday. It will be out of action for at least a week. I am intending to reward myself with a trip to Stamp Magic a week tomorrow though, lol. Well, a girl needs some incentive 😂 Are you going? It would be lovely to see some familiar faces. 
Thanks for looking! 

3 comments:

Viv said...

Fab card Sal! x

cuilliesocks said...

Anything with bees on is just right up my street Sally, it's a lovely card, lovely stencil work and a gorgeous bee, Kate x

Pat said...

This is such a cute bee Sally and love the honeycomb stencilling and stamping and the pretty colours for the wings too, also the coloured border and sweet little flowers which finish it so effectively. x