Saturday 28 May 2022

A Dreamy tag

 Hi There! Thought I would show you how I made this mixed media tag today. 

I began by Gessoing an MDF tag.

Next I added some Distress matte texture paste through a texture disc. Alongside I smoothed on a thin layer of the crackle texture paste too.
Once this was dry I sprinkled liberally with Atlas and Elf explosion powder and spritzed with water, before setting it aside to dry.
On a piece of mixed media card I stamped and gold embossed the mandala 3 times, cutting out layers on each one. 
I used ecolines and a waterbrush to colour the layers
Once these were dry I layered them with ultra thick gel medium onto the tag.
I brushed a little Gilt paint around the edge of the tag and added a ribbon, a gem in the centre of the mandala and a sentiment. 

And here is a close up of that texture! 
I used:
Thanks for looking! 

5 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Hi lovely love love love this..... who is the tiny stencil from...xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Sally, you certainly know and use mixed media so beautifully.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful creation Sally, beautiful colours and design, Kate x

Sarn said...

Hi Sally

What a great mixed media tag. Love all the elements and thanks for the "how to".

xxx

Pat said...

What a fabulous mix of colour for this very textural tag Sally and love the mandala as the central image and a great sentiment, and the gold embossed image and used around the edge of the tag looks so opulent! x