Saturday 21 May 2022

A Spotty journal page

 


Hi there!  I thought I would show you how I put this spotty journal page together for my blog post this week.

I began by gessoing a page in my 6x6 Kraft Journal.


Next I used the circles big one inkable and distress ink to create a background. 

I used the mandala stamps and black ink to create a border along two sides. 
I added some stamping by the centre fold in Mermaid lagoon distress ink
and some in Versafine Clair black ink using the Journal Elements 3 set
Next I stamped the Doodle Art Ladybird onto the page and onto a scrap of white card. 
I cut out the ladybird body and coloured using ecoline and posca pens 
I also stamped a sentiment and added both using matte medium to the page.

Finally I added some glossy accents to the eyes and spots of the ladybird. 
Here is the page opposite one I did ages ago in similar colours using Dylusions paint and a mandala inkable.
I used:
Black versafine clair ink

Thanks for looking! 

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous stamping and design Sally.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous page Sally, I love the colours and the bug, lovely beside the mandala page too, Kate x

Pat said...

A terrific journal page Sally and I adore that cute ladybird and all the different but wonderfully coordinating circles, and the mandala looks great on the opposite page. x