Saturday 11 February 2023

Mandala medley

Hi There! I thought I would show you how I made this colourful mandala card. 

On a 14x14cm square of card I stamped a medium sized mandala stamp 3 times overhanging the edges and clear embossed (The embossing isn't necessary if you want to speed up the process.)
Next I stamped the mandalas I had chosen to use on to a stamp and mask sheet and cut them out
I used the masks to cover the mandalas I had already stamped and then stamped over them until the whole of the piece of card was covered in mandalas. If you are embossing it is worth adding the embossing powder after stamping each 2 or 3 mandalas and heat embossing as you go.
if not embossing it is worth heat setting the ink with a little waft of the heat tool at this point. 
next I used the distress inks to paint the mandalas 
whilst this dried I stamped and embossed a sentiment in white on black card and cut it out
I used a pale grey ecoline to add a little shadow around the edges of a few of the circles, and covered a few less than perfect bits of stamping with a sequin or three. I added the sentiment on sticky pads and mounted it on to a card blank. 
Here is the finished card again. 
I used:
14x14cm square of card
Distress inks in Peacock feathers, Fossilized Amber, Crackling Campfire and Uncharted Mariner 
15x15cm card blank
black card for matting and layering and adding a sentiment 
Versamark embossing ink


On Wednesday evening I completed another page in my Grafix media journal, this time on black Duralar. You can see the live here
Thanks for looking! 


4 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What an amazing piece of work your circle mandala is, just to look at it to colour would finish me, you have great patience Sally. Love your black background card too. Beautiful work on both cards.
Faith x

Dora said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colours.

Pat said...

Two fabulous creations Sally, and I love the doodle art creation in the blue, orange and yellow, and the pretty floral and circles on the black is really striking..I love the butterfly too. x

Joan said...

Love that mandala card Sally, especially the colours you have used