Saturday 25 February 2023

Dreamy Dragonflies

Hi There! I am here with a journal page I created for a class recently. Here is how I made it. 
 
i began by giving the page a coat of  white gesso, then added some Dylusions paint with a wet brush, spraying with a little water to get a more pastel effect.

Next I stamped some of the Doodle Art Mandala stamps onto stamping tissue using Versafine Clair ink
I cut them out and added them to the page using matte medium.
Using the circles Big one inkable and peacock Feathers distress ink I added a bit of stencilling to the background.
I stamped the Script background stamp onto stamping tissue using versafine clair ink and tore it into pieces, adding them around the page with more matte medium. 
I did the same with the dotty circle stamp.
I had some doodle art dragonflies that I had coloured in with pastel ecolines  and cut out. I added them to the page along with the ticker tape sentiment stamped on to white card with black ink. A splatter of white paint and some faux stitching with a posca pen finished it off.
Here is the finished page again. 
I used:
Dylusions paint in Peony Blush, Lemon Zest and Blue Lagoon
Versafine Clair ink in Black, Summer Breeze, Purple Delight and Golden Meadow

Thanks for looking! 

3 comments:

Viv said...

Lovely Sal! x

Pat said...

What fabulous dragonflies and such a bright and pretty background on this page with all the different doodle circles with mandalas and script Sally, and great to see your step by step too. x

Joan said...

Fab page Sally and I do so love those dragonflies !


Joan