Wednesday 25 October 2023

New inkables Dragonfly card

 

Hi there! thought I would show you how I made this card.

I began by masking off the edges of a 6x6 card using stencil tape and blending Peacock Feathers distress oxide ink over it.

Next, I placed the brand new bubble stripes grande inkable over the panel and blended over some Lucky Clover distress oxide ink.
I removed the tape and splattered water over it, blotting away the excess after a short time.
Once it was dry, I stamped one of the freehand borders around the edge of the inked square.
I used versafine clair ink to stamp the sentiment, then set this aside.
On a piece of parchment paper, I stamped the dragonfly in versamark ink and sprinkled detail silver embossing powder over it. I then heated it using a heat tool.
I used the coordinating dies to cut out the dragonfly and attached it to the inky panel on the card using matte medium. 
Here is the finished card again. Leaving the ends of the wings without glue, means they flutter a little as you move the card. 
I used:
6x6 blank card
Inkables Grande - Bubble stripes
Distress oxide ink in Peacock Feathers and Lucky Clover
Versafine Clair ink in Black and Green
Parchment paper
Versamark ink

The new inkables Grande are really gorgeous designs. Perfect for larger journal pages as well as for card making. I can see I will use them a lot!  Thanks for looking! 

1 comment:

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Sally and love the Bubble Stripes and the beautiful embossed dragonfly looks great over the top, and the zig zag edge detail to the masked square finishes it brilliantly, also a lovely sentiment too. x