Wednesday 4 October 2023

Ode to a tree

 

Hi There! With Autumn approaching fast, I thought I would get out the sycamore leaf easy frame and make an autumnal card this week. Here is how I did it.

I began by blending fossilized Amber and Crushed olive distress oxide inks through the outie of the inkable, onto a 5" square ivory card.
Next I added more leaves, offset form the first ones in Ripe Persimmon, crackling campfire and vintage photo distress oxide
I inked up the crackle stamp with tea dye distress ink and stamped it in patches over the inked background. I also sponged some around the edges of the card
Next, I randomly stamped one of the mandala stamps from set 1 over the background in Vintage photo Distress ink. 
On a scrap of ivory card I stamped the sentiment from Wordage Ticker Tape set 1 in Pinecone Versafine Clair ink and cut it out.
Using sticky pads and some matte medium I added the sentiment and some coordinating sequins to the leafy background. 
Here is the finished card again. 
I used:
5" square ivory card base
Distress oxide inks in Crushed olive, fossilized amber, Ripe Persimmon, Cracking Campfire and Vintage Photo
Distress inks in Vintage photo and Tea Dye
Sticky pads 
Sequins
ivory card snippet

I'm dedicating this one to the wonderful Sycamore Gap tree that is sadly no more. I really hope it regrows or another solution is found. Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Pat said...

Wonderful autumn colours for the background stencilled sycamore leaves Sally, and the crackle and mandala stamped over the top of them works beautifully. So sad about the Sycamore Gap tree..can't understand why anyone would want to cut it down. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely gorgeous in colours and design Sally, this is a stunning card.
Faith x